bumper clearance question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
sampsonmx3

bumper clearance question

Post by sampsonmx3 »

My car is lowered two inchs and i busted my GS lip. Does anyone know if the Corksport bumper sits lower or the same height as the GS lip. Any feedback would be welllll appreciated. My car hates being cable-tied up at the front bumper.
Andrew_Pakula

Re: bumper clearance question

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

My car is lowered approximately 2". The corksport bumper should be ok with it that low, its about the same height as stock.<p>I just received my Erebuni front bumper (same style as Corksport) and it is about the same height which is good.<p>If you are lowered 2" or more bumpers like the Pakfeifer, Gforce and Onderground will NOT be good because they are too low.<p>I had originally bought the Pakfeifer bumper but the front clearance was too low and not practical to drive around with.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

iirc... the mazdaspeed style bumpers reach further forward while being the same height. If it is further forward wouldn't it make you scrap more?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
mb3k

Post by mb3k »

Are combat bumpers lower than stock?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RayRay:
iirc... the mazdaspeed style bumpers reach further forward while being the same height. If it is further forward wouldn't it make you scrap more?<hr></blockquote><p>That doesn't necessarily matter if it reaches farther forward, it still comes down to how low the bumper goes.<p>If the bumper lays too low then the front centre part is more likely bottom out.<p>The Pakfeifer bumper for example, it did stick out further but that wasn't nessarily the issue, it was simply too low so the middle two tips in the centre always scrapped and bottomed out because there was not enough clearance. I was able to drive around for one day with it but I scrapped it a few times on easy slants, you have to be extremely careful, if it were only 1 inch higher that would have made all the difference in the world.<p>I haven't installed my Erebuni(mazdaspeed style) yet but it looks about stock height which should be fine for me.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I think one of the main problems is that most of these body kit companies seem to design the bumpers with stock height cars not taking into consideration that most or a fairly good percentage of people will be using them on lowered cars.
bout2001

Post by bout2001 »

i know my gforce bumper is always hiting the ground and i am not lowered, if i was the bumper will definitely be destroyed.
chameleon paint, g-force kit, black and blue vinyl interior
web site :http://pages.infinit.net/mx3/

Return to “Appearance”