custom gauge bezel possible??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jwillistyl55

custom gauge bezel possible??

Post by jwillistyl55 »

hey i know it would be hard to do but does anyone think its really possible to do a matrix gauge setup :shrug: here is a pic matrix gauges
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
OsoSlo z28

Re: custom gauge bezel possible??

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

that's a beautiful red x you have there :cool:
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

hold on im tryin im tryin im not to good at this gimme a minute.......
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

ok i cant do it i dunno why so if anyone knows how and feels like doin it for me id appreiciate it all it is the the stock gauge bezel on the toyota matrix but i want to know if its doable for the mx<p>cody
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

or u can check out car domain toyota matrix's and look at the second page on the second guys site i know it will be to big but i was thinkin of something like that
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

you mean this pic: click here for pic
i don't know if you could do it, but it would probably look cool.<p>[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Acamori ]</p>
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

if you wanted to construct your own bezel i'm sure you could do it with a little fiberglass... it's completely do-able, all you will need is LOTS OF TIME.<p>But as for the gauges, you can't go and re-align them like the matrix, you would have to build the custom bezel around the way the gauges are set :shrug:
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

well if you had a whole lot of time on your hands you could probably make an entire custom gauge cluster, which i suspect would be a little more difficult. but you're welcome to try.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

I wouldn't go messin around with my gauges... If I were you I would buy an extra gauge cluster and chop it up... Cuz it's gonna be a ***** to reposition the gauges. They are attached to the white backing that the bezel is attached to. All the electronics are hooked up through the white backing, including: all of the backlighting, the wiring system, the gauges are mounted there, blinkers, warning lights, and it all hooks up and mounts in the dash. <p>All i'm really saying here is it would be VERY HARD to do it, but if you really wanted to repositions gauges and make a new bezel to match, buy and extra cluster and do it up! :shrug:
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

but now if i order speed hut matrix gauges get the matrix bezel (lets just say hypotheticly speaking it fits) what will i have to do to make it work<p>
cody
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

They won't fit, which is exactly my point. You can't go putting toyota matrix gauges in your 1993 rs version of a mazda MX-3. <p>Here's what you will have to do. You will have to adapt all of the electrical connections on the mx-3 gauges to the matrix, recalibrate the speedometer and odometer and fuel and temp gauges because the gauges on the matrix travel a shorter distance to top out, redline, etc. and you would have to chop the bezel to fit inside the gauge hood of the MX-3 which is a small area might I add.<p>Also, you would have to reposition the gauges from the matrix to fit the pattern of the MX-3 unless you were to go and get a Matrix cluster and adapt all the MX-3 wiring to the Matrix cluster....<p>I could keep on going, but I think you will realize this is too complicated of a mod to complete :shrug:
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

matrix's don't redline till 8100 ??? impressive anyone driven one? <p>sorrya bout bein a little of topic
Turbo 2.5l mx3
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

ur right john i aint tryin to do all that but it was a fun dream while it lasted
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

hold up man! wait a sec... i had that same idea a long time ago when the matrix first came out! it's really a clean lookin gauge cluster.. and i think if you custom cut the mx3 bezel thing to fit it, you would just have to hook the wires up. how hard could it be? :D reconfiguring stuff.. maybe a shop could do it? anywayz, if i had any money left i'd totally try it! keep up tha good concept mods mx3 people! lata
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3

Return to “Appearance”