altezza lights - not impressed

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BADMX3

altezza lights - not impressed

Post by BADMX3 »

i just got some altezza style lights and sorry for moaning but build quality is a pile of crap.<p>all in they cost nearly £280.00. i bought them from pakfiefer. They look as sweet as.... but there is no seal on the lights so water gets in them and they are a bit of cheap plastic that probably cost about $1 to make in taiwan.<p>they look as they have been put together by a 5 year old in one of the sweat shops!!!<p>I would advise if anyone buys these lights make sure they are fully sealed before installing them. and if they are not seal them or consider not even buying them cos they are bad!!!! :(
BADMX3

Re: altezza lights - not impressed

Post by BADMX3 »

i really hope the bodykit i'm getting is of better quality
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

All those alltezza light are made my Maxtrix. They all light water in, you will have to reseal them.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

whats the best way to reseal them???
all help is appreciated
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

clear silicone around the edges
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

£280.00 is a bit pricey for the lights, if you looked around you could have found them for way cheaper.<p>Almost all of the altezza lights let moisture in. I think right side one is the most common side to leak. When it happens you need to dry them out then reseal it otherwise it will just happen again.<p>The pair I have on my car also came from Pakfeifer, I've had them on my car for many 2 months now. So far no moisture in any of them.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

as it goes the story is i waited 4 months for the lights so i was a bit gutted when they came and they leaked water straight away. i will reseal them but not until i get some money off my side skirts or some new ones sent out!!!
first ordered them off corksport who's credit card comp wouldn't authorise payment even tho card was clear. ebay company didn't take order correctly and pafiefer take a month to deliver to uk.
but i got them and they look sweet!
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

I've had mine on for about 4 months and they leak too. I will have to heat them apart to clean out the water and later seal them up. No need to buy new ones just for that.
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

yeah but when your paying money out for a product especially how much i paid... i would expect them to be put together correctly!<p>we just have to pay alot for car modifications... even imported.<p>how do you heat them up to take apart the origional seal? is there any way of getting the water out without splitting the seal
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

You'll have to take a hair dryer to it to heat the seals just as you would the front headlights. Then when you put it back together, reheat it with the hair dryer and push it back together. All the lights (headlights, tailights, turnsignals, ect.) have to be done this way if you want to open them up. It sucks but that's the best way. Some people have tried heating them up in an oven to loosen the seals but that's at your own risk. Just be very carefull when breaking the seals not to break anything else. The trick is to heat seal just enough to loosen them apart without damaging them. If you need more info on this, do a search for more info on cleaning headlights. There is a tutorial you can follow here with the same method.<p>Removing the Lens
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
Mr Mx

Post by Mr Mx »

Sorry to hear you`ve had problems with your new lights. I was thinking of getting some imported. Think i`ll just stick with smoked rear lights now.
Funny you should mention about Corksport as when I ordred my prm intake it tooks weeks for them to sort credit card payements out then in the end i got the intake and for some reason they never charged my credit card account.
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

Maybe they gave you the freebie for the hassle? :shrug: <p>I have ordered twice from them and on both accounts had parts on back order. I called them and got the ball rolling with parts then do stock. I got my ESpec lights very quickly once I called them.<p>The Altezza's are really cool. Even tho you need to make sure they are properly sealed.
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Mx:
Funny you should mention about Corksport as when I ordred my prm intake it tooks weeks for them to sort credit card payements out then in the end i got the intake and for some reason they never charged my credit card account.<hr></blockquote><p>That's weird, they did the same to me too. :D
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Wow I have had my tail sience they first came out as a matter of fact I was the first US groupbuy for them, anyway my right one has leaked from the begining but only if alot of water hits it. actualy it's just a little water that gets in but it turnst into condinsation so it gets pretty bad. guess i will have to join you guys in resealing them thnx for all the good info guys.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

Big shout out to pakfiefer who have sorted this problem out for me.... now i know why i went to a reputable company and paid expensive money.
if they stick to there word they have provided me with excellent customer service!!!

Return to “Appearance”