Door Dimples?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mackey

Door Dimples?

Post by Mackey »

Any of you MX3ers out there get the little dimples in your door? They are like little tiny indents that arent to noticable but you can see them when you take a closer look. Is there a way to fix them? If so what are some different ideas?<p>Thanks for the help guys!
The man who wakes up a success, has never been asleep.<p>C Mackey
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Door Dimples?

Post by mitmaks »

are you talking about dents or body lines in door and you want to shave those?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I think he's talking about the little dings you get in parking lots from careless people who just rip their doors open, no matter how close the next car is. I think its just one of the facts of life...if its just on your door your could have them filled in and just have your door painted. Shouldnt be more than a couple hundred.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Ya im talking about he little nicks and dents. Would you just fill them with fiberglass or soemthing? my door needs paint anyways so i may go ahead and do that.
The man who wakes up a success, has never been asleep.<p>C Mackey
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Bondo, buy some bondo, mix it, get a bondo spreader too. When we did mine we used a pizza box to mix it on and hold it while looking for dings. Find all the low spots, get a really bright light and check all the angles. I'd sand down your entire car and do it right and get all the dings out of your car. After the bondo is laid and dried, sand it down, you'll have to switch grades as you go along and make sure you sand it down so you basically can't even feel the bondo, its just all smooth all the way down the door.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

make sure you DONT put bondo over paint, especially if you dont scuff it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”