green to blue?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Acamori

green to blue?

Post by Acamori »

you know all the little lights in the dash that come on with the headlights (like the symbols for the climate controls and stuff like that)? well since i haven't completely dismantled my dash and console yet i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are green lights or if the symbols themselves are green on the other side. i ask this because i would like to change all the green lights and stuff to either blue or white so they match my blue car better. thanks
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Re: green to blue?

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

The plastic gauges are clear.
If you take off the dash (I did it following Jeff's site instructions) you'll see that those small lights have a sort of green condom on them... if you take it off you'll have a completely white panel... a friend of mine changed them with blue leds and his panel is really cool and readable.I preferred eBay gauges.<p>
My 0,02€,
Guido
-italian lonely MX'er-
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

thanks, i hate that ugly green. now i just have to find time to take care of it...
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Hey I was thinking of doing the same thing! Just hope it's not too hard.<p>GuidoBiRiChiNo, what is the link to Jeff's instructions?
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

if it ever stops raining here, i can do it and let you know how it turns out, but right now that seems like a big if
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah keep us posted cuz I want to do it too....Post some pics too if you can..good luck
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah keep us posted cuz I want to do it too....Post some pics too if you can..good luck
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GuidoBiRiChiNo:
The plastic gauges are clear.
If you take off the dash (I did it following Jeff's site instructions) you'll see that those small lights have a sort of green condom on them... if you take it off you'll have a completely white panel... a friend of mine changed them with blue leds and his panel is really cool and readable.I preferred eBay gauges.<p>
My 0,02€,
Guido
<hr></blockquote><p>Ebay gauges? Are you referring to the climate control panel, or the gauge faces like your speedometer and tach? Also, I didn't see anything on Jeff Abrams site if that was what you were referring too. Maybe I didn't look in the right area.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Yeah, I replaced all the green lights with 626 blue lights I got at the junkyard. Looks a whole lot better.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2fazed:
Yeah, I replaced all the green lights with 626 blue lights I got at the junkyard. Looks a whole lot better.<hr></blockquote><p>got some pics
how hard was it?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

well i just finished pulling my console apart and putting it back together (more work than i expected). turns out the the climate control lights that i wanted to change, are gonna require more effort then the ones in the gauge cluster. i took pics of the steps in taking getting to the back of the climate controls, and will probably work up a web page to outline it. i also have a pic of the green condom thing that someone mentioned if anyone is wondering what that was about. i'll try to get the page done and up soon, but if i don't finish by tomorrow it'll be another week before i can.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

the gauge cluster faces still have a green tint to them, i put in blue lights which still are not blue but look alot better than crap green. the vent control gauge face is backed with green translucent paint. just took mine off last week to see if i could change the color to blue with lights but it wont work, the bulb is a smaller one that i cannot find in blue, so i took a scalple and light table, scratched the green off and have translucent blue vinyl to put on over the clear men. going to make all new gauges at work when i have time.
1993 White gs klze.
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

For instructions, go to mazdamaniac.com --> interior modifications --> gauge faces<p>I put on eBay gauges in tach, speedo, fuel&temp.
-italian lonely MX'er-
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

Here are the pics:<p>Image<p>Image
-italian lonely MX'er-
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I see that everyone is trying blue. Has anyone tried Red? My car is all Black outside and i'm trying to work it out with Red inside. I hatin that green and would like to get red if possible.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site

Return to “Appearance”