Extremely f*cked headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx34u2nve

Extremely f*cked headlights

Post by mx34u2nve »

K this is probably going to sound extremely weird but don't htink i'm crazy. BUT here it goes. If i have my car on with no lights and emergency brake off i get this really weird TICKING noise from this wire connector on the passenger side ride kick panel. BUT THEN if i lift the emergency brake on. The ticking leaves. OR if i turn my headlight switch ALL the way on the ticking will go away. AND my headlights don't work. the signal lights taillights road lights all work but not my headlights. On my dash it ALWAYS says that it is on highbeam even though its not set to highbeams. I checked my big fuse under the hood and its fine. and i checked all my other fuses and there good. SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS. I CAN TAKE PICTURES OF THE THING THAT IS TICKING IF IT WOULD HELP
Turbo 2.5l mx3
JasonH

Re: Extremely f*cked headlights

Post by JasonH »

Sounds like it's a problem with the daytime running light system. If your brake or headlights are on, the DRLs are off. There's a relay in the passenger side kick panel area. Maybe it's bad? Check out this page for some component locations.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I had the same problem, when I started my car there was this weird ticking sound but when I turned on the headlights it would go away..This happened when I took off the headlight to polish them..My battery was almost dead..I charged my battery and installed my headlight and the ticking dissapeared..Maybe this sounds crazy but check your headlight if they are disconnected or recharge your battery...I know that's how I got rid of the sounds..Anyways I'm not an expert and I don't know much about electrical stuff but I hope this help
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
rece

Post by rece »

give me a call next time u r in calgary i had the same problem... i think? it is hard to explain how to fix it. it is caused in the actual rotator to turn the lights on. the same as your singna switch. one of the wires is detached and causing a short in the system. give me a call if you are having problems. <p>talk to ya
874-1222
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

could you help me fix it??? do i have to buy any new parts???? thanks rece talk to ya
Turbo 2.5l mx3
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

K HERE'S SOME PICTURES OF THIS WIRE THAT ISN'T HOOKED UP ANYWHERE. could this be my problem? where would i plug it in .<p>Image<p>Image
Turbo 2.5l mx3
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

Turbo 2.5l mx3
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

Turbo 2.5l mx3

Return to “Appearance”