bpt swap

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
nickmx3

bpt swap

Post by nickmx3 »

ohi there am new to this site iam getting an mx3 1995 model with a 1500 cc engine b55 series and the tranny f5 i think the code is. My question is can i swap the 1.8l bpt into this car and still use the same tranny if not what options do i have, if i can do i have to use the same axels and just bolt on the engine, will the ecu from the 1.8l bpt plug straight up to the existing harness. I will also like to know if here is a site that will provide detailed info on this type of swap. i tried fro the past few days to find one so help is appreciated thanks
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
Damien

Re: bpt swap

Post by Damien »

This Link :
http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000001

I dont think your mx3 has a 1500cc engine. Visit the link I provided, scroll down to the 2nd post by Crev mx3, that should pretty much cover any questions you'll have about the swap.
:)
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

outside the us/canada, some mx-3's did come with the 1.5. you're problem is going to be getting the car running correctly. well, this was the case for the dohc 1.6 engine. not sure about the wiring on the 1.5, but i'd bet it was the same. you're only GOOD option is to get a stand alone engine management system. most people are using Haltech's E6K, but i think there are some using TEC's.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

if your car is right hand drive , then I would sugust getting a front cut j-spec 323 GT-R, that way you can swap over everything you need including the wiring harness and ECU.

if it too much mony then at least get the wiring harness and ecu from a J-spec 323 GTX.

1987-91 GTX was B6-t 1.6
92-99 GTX was BP-T 1.8 180 H.P.
GT-R was BP-t 210 H.P.

correct me if Im wrong.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Originally posted by curtklze:
if your car is right hand drive , then I would sugust getting a front cut j-spec 323 GT-R, that way you can swap over everything you need including the wiring harness and ECU.

if it too much mony then at least get the wiring harness and ecu from a J-spec 323 GTX.

1987-91 GTX was B6-t 1.6
92-99 GTX was BP-T 1.8 180 H.P.
GT-R was BP-t 210 H.P.

correct me if Im wrong.
1987-89 GTX was B6-t 1.6
90-94 GTX was BP-T 1.8 180 H.P.
GT-R was BP-t 210 H.P.
i think this is right
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

okay i need to know now if its possible to use the current transmission that i have together with the shafts that i have on the car with the bpt 1.8t engine, by the way that post by cre8v mx3 did provide some useful info thanks.
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”