Heads up display

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dragon1976_27

Heads up display

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket HUD manufacturer, I was thinkin' about lookin into the possiblity of incorporating one into my 95GS
quinn_seipp

Re: Heads up display

Post by quinn_seipp »

I don't think so... HUD is alot more complex than most people give credit too. I watched a mechanic taking apart one after it screwed up. there was so much **** in it, it was amazing. Definetly would be cool if you could do it though.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Yeah, they're not THAT bad to wire in a work.<p>You can find them on eBay and on the net abundantly. I can't remember what company it is that I am thinking about, but if I do I will shurely post the link.<p>Anyways, you can get separate ones that tackle as far as the gauges are concerned. You just lay em on the dash and let 'em reflect onto the windshield.<p>Kinda looks kewl, but kinda useless too. If you did that, you could essentially replace the stock cluster area with something new.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Ya, that was my whole idea was to leave the original clusters for something else. Haven't quite decided what would go there, maybe one big top-o-the-line tach carbon fibred in there! Not sure, I have a few crazy ideas I'm thinkin' about to give my car that truely one-of-a-kind feel! I'm currently in the process of doin' my door panels, and dash! (Can't say what I'm doin' yet as it's a surprise!) :roll:

Return to “Appearance”