Lambo style doorsl

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Lambo style doorsl

Post by Custommx3 »

Anyone know someone with lamborguini style doors?
Im wanting to maybe t do that on my GS but I need some pics of the setup. Im not paying 1000 bucks for some brackets that I can maybe have made or make myself. Any help would be appreciated.
NateDog

Re: Lambo style doorsl

Post by NateDog »

i hear ya, i want to do the same thing to my RS. but to help u out... i dont know any one who has them. sorry :(
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Barry, I'm actually working on a design. It's gunna be hard for our car because of how the a frame is shaped around the window. But if I get any more progress I will keep you up to date.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

if you can make a hinge then all you would have to do is change the latch on the door to close up or diagonal. The hardest part is making the hinge. The transfer of the latch would be easy at a body shop. <p>also if you do this you'll probably want to go ahead and shave your door handles, emblems, washers, etc.<p>
***EDIT***
You could probably make something where your door comes out and then goes up. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the body work to change the in-door latch<p>[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Ty ]</p>
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

it's not that simple.. a hinge won't hold that door up. what you need is some gas struts from pep boys for the hatchback trunks, fabricate that to a plate and weld that plate to one part of the door and weld the other plate to the bottom door sill or frame. the hard part is making sure the door will be able to close. (im into engineering)<p>however this won't work. the gas strut won't fit. so you'll need to cut into your body/frame/shell and small slit where the gas strut will hide into once the door is closed. when you want to open, just open the door, and the strut will lift itself up. the other problem i see is that you need to change your door lock.. since it doesn't open side to side, you'll need to customize it so it'll lock from up and down.<p>my cousin has one on his integra. he said if you have the skills and can do it for under $100, go for it. otherwise, don't.<p>some parts you'll need, a set of $50 gas struts from pep boys, 4 steel plates to bolt the struts to, a welder, and a airsaw to grind the slit.<p>how do i know all this? well my cousin did the same procedure, homemade lambo doors, of course he's skilled in welding and how things work and such.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

That sounds awesome. I noticed several people from the Carsile pictures have that done to their cars. None MX-3's though.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Just curious if anyone had anything more to add to this as I think it would look really unique!
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

Yo have you heard of Decah? They have "easy to install" kits that include hinges, shocks, and all dat neccessary! but, they are like $1300 haha.. and none are for mx3's of course.<p>This guy once built his own for a mustang cobra, in which the doors first **pop out**, and then twist up on a hinge kinda thing. that would elliminate the problem of shaving door handles, and also the window difficulties. i have yet to have seen it done.. and i dont think anybody has. so first one to do it wins a prize!! wah haha!! :D <p>~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

I got a guide on how to do it for an mx-3 for about $800 us. and it does with with the window fram on the mx-3.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

What is it?? What is it?? i wanna see!! for $800 beans i would definitely try it. :D either that or save for a Honda Civic Decah kit later this year. anywayz, gotta have something custom and this is prolly the most custom thing u can do to tha mx3! :cool: <p>~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yes the ones for decah are respectable, but EXPENSIVE.. but they do work ive seen em in person.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I was thinking that Autoloc made some too. Check it out...I thought I saw pictures of what the hinges look like. www.autoloc.com
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I was looking at a magazine today on a step by step on how to put the Lambo doors. I'll get to you tomorrow on which magazine it is.<p>later,
deeImage
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

There's a guy in Pa who did lambo style doors on his show winning Probe. Look him up on Probetalk, his name is Kenny Hynes.<p>Kenny's Probe
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

I'm working on putting everything together and i will have the information avaible this weekend.

Return to “Appearance”