I know I shouldn't post this here but it is kind of a t

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Cage

I know I shouldn't post this here but it is kind of a t

Post by Cage »

Yes I am cheap ...why would it be bad to paint your sparkplug wires with 1500 degree engine paint ?<p>No... not cheap already spent over 5K...the real reason is because I have a good set of NGK wires but they are blue. My theme is red on white. <p>I painted a few of my old wires to see if there was going to be a problem, but they look great! I baked them with my 10000 btu propane heater to see if they would crack and chip. If I decide to do this I will be using quality paint that is designed to take 1500 degrees and has a ceramic additive. <p>I painted my ignition cap and would like for the red (s) to match. Thats why I am looking toward painting them not just replacing them with red ones. It really doesn't look geto like I thought at first it would look. :cool: <p>Thanks
Cage<p>[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Cage ]<p>[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Cage ]</p>
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: I know I shouldn't post this here but it is kind of a t

Post by mitmaks »

the reason i wouldnt paint spark plug wires cause its from rubber and rubber contains silicone, if paint even stays on wires for some time it WILL peel off after some time. remember to prep it real good and scuff them good so paint at least has chance to stick to them.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Cage

Post by Cage »

gonna remove all the dirt and grease and then sand them with 600 grit really lightly,<p>thanks<p>Cage
reSa

Post by reSa »

can't you just buy red wires? i kinda just wanted black wires but the only place that did have stock wires on this island was napa...when i opened the box they were red. i was kinda surprised.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the appearance forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Magnecor makes 8.5mm wires that are red...sell the NGK's and buy those?
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

why dont yet get Magnecor High perfomance wire? there red and just as good as the NGK wires
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Cage

Post by Cage »

I wanted the red to match ... Yes. I could buy red wires, but nothing looks worst than 10 different shades of blue or in this case, red under the hood..... I am painting my calipers, my timing belt cover and disty cap.....I just needed to know if painting the wires would change the electrical properities of the wires....<p>Thanks guys for the help<p>Cage
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

simply painting the outside of the wires shouldn't effect how well they work, unless your paint eats through the rubber insalation, which it shouldn't do either.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

i personally wouldn't do it...but I guess it's worth a shot. The magnecors are a dark-red color..thicker than the NGK's too
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “Appearance”