how to remove taillights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
LUKE162

how to remove taillights

Post by LUKE162 »

hey everyone. im have purchased altezzas for an mx-3 and im still waiting to recieve them. I want to take out my stock taillights so wen i recieve i can just put them in. When i checked the trunk i dont know how to take it off(the panel('s)) I took off like i think it was like 3-4 black nob things. U pull one side up and then pull the bottom part out. I dont know how to pull out the panels to get to my taillights. Also the year of my car is a 1994 and it is 1.6l. Can anybody please help me and maybe post some pics :p
LUKE
Mo s Ricer

Re: how to remove taillights

Post by Mo s Ricer »

dude the rear tails are so easy to get off <p>pop the hatch see the screws on top of the tails take em out then un screw the one screw under neaththe just slid the tail off out words
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
LUKE162

Post by LUKE162 »

r u serious. OMG its that easy lol. So basicall its 3 screws per tail. ok ill try it tonight. Thanx alot man. :shrug:
LUKE
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

you dont even have to take the top screws off as they just hold the plastic molding to the light. Take the inside screw out and just pry, the clips will come out.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

well, I wouldnt pry them.
  • 1. Remove the top screws.
    2. Remove the platic moulding that the screws were in. (on top of the taillight)
    3. Remove the screws closest to the center of the car. (only 1 on each side)
    4. SLIDE the tailligh towards the side of the car its located. IE slide the drivers side taillight in the direction away from the passengers side)
    it should just pop out.<p>
markV6

Post by markV6 »

thanx guy's my altezza's should be here tomorrow... I havn't seen any other mx-3's with em in england... can't wait my car will look dope!!!
illapino

Post by illapino »

DAMMIT
i'm in my garage now. i took off my stock taillights and putting in black altezzas, but the top-center black clip-in screw from the stock taillight is stuck in its hole! i can't get it out, been trying but it's just stuck in there. and i can't just use it with the altezzas and bolt them onto it because the altezzas top plastic doesn't come off like the stock taillights, which won't allow me to slide it in from the side. the altezzas need to be inserted head on but that fukcing clip-screw is in the fukcing way

AFAAFHHGASHGAHAHHASDGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I HAVE TO GO TO WORK

Return to “Appearance”