nice switch.......

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
treckrtj

nice switch.......

Post by treckrtj »

I got some neons and fog lights on the Corksport MS bumper. I want a quality switch setup. I have two empty blanks on my 93 GS dash, one below the stereo, one to the left of the steering wheel. So, is there a factory switch I can use to turn these lights on/off, and what is that switch usually used for. Pretty much, which switch do I get from the dealer? Thanks all for info.
LUKE162

Re: nice switch.......

Post by LUKE162 »

hey there, u can use toggle switches i think thats what there called. Also if u want u can make ur own fuse box for it. I have toggel swithces in my car for my amp, my neon lights, and scanners, foglights
LUKE
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

but do they fit in the factory spots and look factory? I don't know what the blanks are used for origionally, but I want the switches to look like the oem ones designed for those spots. thanks!
LUKE162

Post by LUKE162 »

oh well i used a drill for mine. And it actually looks pretty nice and professional.
LUKE
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I have a factory fog light switch in my MX-3. It is actually for a miata but it fits the empty switch locations on the dash perfectly.
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/
Choose miata then electrical
It is rather expensive but worth it. you can even hook it up so that it glows with the rest of the interior lighting. It is suppose to go sideways but I have it in the blank next to the dimmer.
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

exactly what I was lookin for! thanks. anyone know of a cheaper place? What about the dealer?
Ryan_mx-3

Post by Ryan_mx-3 »

Hey everyone this is the guy with the primered mx-3 with custom body kit and i was just inviting you all to a cancer drive car show it is 10 bucks and we will be giving out awards. if we get enough people city tv will come and video tapeis going to come and then we the people with done up cars will get a better name cause we are all comming together for 1 really really good cause.
Thanx alot guys and gurls
hope to see you all there because i know we all stick together and we are good like that
Yours, truly new guy
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

You could probably get that switch at a junk yard pretty cheap.
¤Kelli¤
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

exactly what I needed, guys. THANKS!
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I bought a bunch of those switches and I wanted to use them for that same reason.
1 pair is cruise control (on and off, the other pair is defrost and hazards. I tried to take them apart and use them for neons, etc. but I couldn't put them back together... there is a little piece that is part of the spring action andI couldn't rebuild it. It was a lot of work to mess w/ those so good luck.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Appearance”