group design- custom MX-3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
laboiler

group design- custom MX-3

Post by laboiler »

Here's an idea. We're building an MX-3 V-6 as a promotional car. It'll be used for advertising our business web page . We are a dealership and dabble in aftermarket custom and perf parts.
We want your input.
So far I've got an onderground Agressor kit, being installed byweb page
The chosen colour is Viper Red with a dual plane aluminum wing (I know...like a Harley... some love it, some hate it). Terrance, at the body shop has offered to paint match some interior accents with the body colour. My problem with this is, the only cars I've seen with this looked cheezy. What does everyone think.
Also I'm considering graphics, links and ideas are appreciated.
The car has stock 5 spoke 15" wheels in great shape, I like them, so they won't be changed.
Have a CD/10"subs/500w amp to put in
I would like as many suggestions on the appearance as possible, this will be a showpiece car carrying both business names, so I want it to look as good as possible. I thought, who better to ask than the true fans of these cars.
Please take a few minutes to respond, all the suggestions we incorporate will be recognized by the sender in the build description on my home page.
This car will be for sale when it's ready so I would like to make only the most poular modifications. (for re-sale purposes)
BTW the reason I chose the MX-3 because I think it's got the most potential and curb appeal.
Cheers everyone :D
...does not play well with others.
992mmx3

Re: group design- custom MX-3

Post by 992mmx3 »

don't do a dual plane aluminum wing, its too much, only single if any (opinion), dude, you have to get bigger wheels, it changes the whole look of the car, especially with a body kit, the 15"s gotta go.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
theo

Post by theo »

I would go with the Pakfeifer spoiler from (http://www.pakfeifer.at). It looks sick. Please don't get an aluminum spoiler, and as said before you gotta get at least 17" wheels if you want the car to be a show piece, and if you could, since we are giving you input...well, you said you wanted to know what kind of graphics to put on it. Somewhere on there you should put an Mx-3.com sticker. Thanks
If you have any more questions email me.
theoyork7@cswebmail.com
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

yes, as mentioned before, dont get an aluminum wing.. if anything some type of gtr style one, it would suit the car much better.. at least get some nice 16's on there, if you do end up putting any kind of rims on it :D good luck, lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I'll agree as well dual plane aluminum wings look bad IMO. They dont fit the lins of the car. Id suggest a GTR wing or the stock wing. Rims, must have 17". Lower it. maybe front and rear strut bars. Have the stock seats recovered to match the car with red/black vinyl.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by laboiler:
[QB(I know...like a Harley... some love it, some hate it). [/QB]<hr></blockquote><p>hey we'll support ya all the way.. its true some like it, but everyone else hates it. do a stock wing or gtr wing.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

The stock wing was broken, as were the front and rear bumpers, previous owner musta been a crappy driver. I had a spare hatch garnish and aluminum (black) wing. That's why I wanna use them. Keep the input goin. Any ideas on the interior??? I'll get some pics of the onderground kit install this weekend and post them.<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: laboiler ]</p>
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

this is what i would do,,,
sell the wing, buy a GTR or a pakfeifer one, they look mostly the same, tiny differences, crazy price difference, GTR is cheaper,,,<p>agressor kit looks kewl, interiorwise, i would paint the dash white, and do red accents,,, it would be original, i havent seen white and red on an mx3 b4, and gives your car a lighter tone,,, also a racing steering wheel, shortshift,, redoing the seats with white and red vinyl,,,<p>thats all i would do, it would be an original mx3 :D :D <p>i forgot, this is a sweet mx3,,,
Image<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]</p>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

that all depend son how much your willing to spend on the interior. Do some custom fiberglass work for your subs/mids. What about seats? Covingering OEM, or aftermarket.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I personally am not a big fan of the big plastic type wings, well, theres a few I like, the gtr is the best looking one for the mx-3, and the oem one looks the cleanest, heres the most I'd have anyone go with an aluminum wing: www.mazdamaniac.com
I've been posting that website alot lately, I should just marry that car. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Have the stock seats recovered to match the car with red/black vinyl.<hr></blockquote> <--- Must have or if not vinyl maybe leather!!
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
mx-3 12acer

Post by mx-3 12acer »

-Z3 Fenders
-Corksport side ground effect (like Customs RS)
-NEED's bigger Wheels...gunmetal/white
-Ground Controls. 2"
-Paint White/Red interior... like stated above
-If in fiberglass why not go crazy and do a cool holder for speakers in back
-Make a 2 seater...^^
-Go crazy, be original, and spend some $$$ and you can't go wrong. Best of luck and keep the board updated please.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

do either a stock GS spoiler or maybe a GTR if you really want something else. 17"s are a must when you get the kit on... <p>and for the system, if you want a 10, go w/ a Beyond Audio Inhuman 10". That'll draw some attention. I PROMISE!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

Bigger wheels seems to be a consensus, I'll put it to the board of directors. Seat recover sounds good too. Are there any slip-ons that fit our cars or do I have to go custom? I'm thinking black and red for the interior trim has been getting the most hits too. I've already got a pioneer sealed/vented box with the subs in it. But I'd trade that to dress in a nice trunk space for subs too. I've also got a pair of Kicker 10s in a factory box that I could disassemble for the trunk if someone wants the box. This should be a great project. Hope you all have fun spending my money!!! :D
p.s. Underglow? And I like the Z-3 vent option. We'll see how much is in the advertising budget. Remember this is a business so I still need to make a couple of bucks when the car sells to justify it to the board.<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: laboiler ]<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: laboiler ]</p>
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

z3 fenders are getting played out and are starting to look old school.<p>autoleathers.com has the best prices for interior upholstery with PINSTRIPING!! around $800 for full interior.<p>id do some colorcombos that are crazy like a gunmetal car with a polished aluminum and black interior... or a orange car with a black/gray interior (like the mazdaspeed protege almost)... pearls and mirror chromed decals would look good if done properly.<p>try not to mix these.. if you want a simple look, go simple, if you want a crazy look go crazy.. don't mix and match simple and crazy. doesn't work out most of the time. for simple, the corksport or mazdaspeed front looks best.. for crazy i'd do pakfeifer or the erebuni or maybe even the fx designs LIP.. not bumper. the fx bumepr looks like a replica of the veilside kits.<p>another way to attract attention and get some sponsorship or revenue is to do something not many other mxers have done before... kmwperformance for a complete bolt-on air suspension system.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Appearance”