Need help w/ interior parts...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Johns93GS

Need help w/ interior parts...

Post by Johns93GS »

Painting the interior parts isn't as easy as I thought it would be! I read Barry's how-to and i followed it down to every last detail.<p>I am painting though, and I am getting these little spots in the paint, but i sanded thoroughly and washed with rubbing alcohol thoroughly..... <p>What should I do now to correct the spots?? :eek:
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
Talon_66

Re: Need help w/ interior parts...

Post by Talon_66 »

Don't worry about the spots, u just have to put a few more layers of paint on. I think I did 4 or 5, when I did my first MX.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

the spots are from some kind of silicone based material such as armor all. thee best way to eliminate that is to get a soaking wet rag of laquer thinner. rubbing alcahol does work but laquer thinner is a lot stronger. and do yourself a favor spend a few extra bucks and get it painted and cleared with car paint. it will be worth it. trust me. :D
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Jade, you are God, I worship your car, but I dont have any money!!!! :(
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3

Return to “Appearance”