headlight bulbs

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jamik_69

headlight bulbs

Post by jamik_69 »

hi im having a problem with headlight bulbs they keep on burning out im using the eurolight fusion
xenon bulbs. im using the rite bulb number and when i install them i dont touch the glass but they keep burning out has any one experinced this before or have any suggestions and im not going to switch to hid's or buy piaa bulbs i just want help with these bulbs thank you
"guess i forgot to put the foglights in"
airjordon_09

Re: headlight bulbs

Post by airjordon_09 »

i dont remember who it was (sorry, lol) but i think i remember someone saying they had the same prob with the same bulbs, but talk to derek, i know he has the xenon bulbs(not sure if the same modle) but maybe he can help you out a bit better, or if you find out which ones hes using, they look sweet :D <p> peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
DVH

Post by DVH »

How long are they lasting bro?? like week or so, or are we talkin a few months.....if its a few months, then ur probably ok, thats is just the bulb, they don't last too long. I had the same problem with mine, and Dave at my Local performance shop (performance IMprov.)said that it is normal, the bulbs don't last long. U said u may try the PIAA's.....those would probably last longer....but i broke mine in the accident and haven't had them since then....but they lasted for a few months..hope i could help, later :shrug:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

these aftermarket bulbs are crap, i had mine but=rn out in a couple mos. so i went back to regular ol halogen bulbs. You might want to try the silverstar bulbs ive heard good things about them and theyre really bright.<p>I want HID :D
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Can one of you guys run through a detailed installation of these bulbs? I want brighter headlights :-)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i have had piaa bulbs for 3 years now(knock on wood) no problems.....
if you want brighter bulbs you can either get a hid kit.....or a wire kit.....
jason
http://www.suvlights.com/
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ok, what is with people?<p>Any "Xenon" bulb will not make our headlights brighter. Argue ALL you want about it with me, but, I am right.<p>If you want "brighter" headlights, you have TWO options, and that's it:<p>TRUE HID system that runs $350 (US) and up
or...
PIAA Ceramic Base High Watts (if you ever had an H4 light that is).<p>There is only ONE "Xenon" bulb, the Sylania one, that is brighter than a stock halogen bulb, BUT you need free-form lights, not parabolic (which we have) for that to actually have an "effective" brightness.<p>All these will do is give you LESS light, but make you think you're getting more because the light is "whiter."<p>If you want to waste your money, go ahead, but you can get better results by changing your whole headlight system.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

all xeon is a gas that they fill the bulbs with..........
i know my piaa are brighter.......<p>as for the rewireing kit....it made mine brighter so i can accept higher wattage bulbs...with out melting the harness
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:
all xeon is a gas that they fill the bulbs with..........
i know my piaa are brighter.......<p>as for the rewireing kit....it made mine brighter so i can accept higher wattage bulbs...with out melting the harness
jason
<hr></blockquote><p>Dude, did you find some high watt 9004s???<p>~A
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya i had the euro light fusion ones, they last me about a year. one went and then a week later the toher died. i do wish they could last a bit longer
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
Ok, what is with people?<p>Any "Xenon" bulb will not make our headlights brighter. Argue ALL you want about it with me, but, I am right.<p>If you want "brighter" headlights, you have TWO options, and that's it:<p>TRUE HID system that runs $350 (US) and up
or...
PIAA Ceramic Base High Watts (if you ever had an H4 light that is).<p>There is only ONE "Xenon" bulb, the Sylania one, that is brighter than a stock halogen bulb, BUT you need free-form lights, not parabolic (which we have) for that to actually have an "effective" brightness.<p>All these will do is give you LESS light, but make you think you're getting more because the light is "whiter."<p>If you want to waste your money, go ahead, but you can get better results by changing your whole headlight system.<p>~A
<hr></blockquote><p>k , sorry man, but what is with u ?? not sure about everyone else, but i don't want brighter bulbs, i just want the white light look.....and by the way, i never said they were brighter!<p> :shrug:
Car Domain Web page MX-3
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Yeah, i am with derek,,,,
i neva bought my bulbs for the power, i just got em cuz the color of it matched the color of my car,,, its a soo called blue xenon light,,,bull$#it<p>And yeah, true HID conversion costs more, and its alot more than 350 bucks,,, 720CDN$ for a friend's AUDI A4,,, and they are bright as hell,,,<p>And i have the bulbs they sold in pacific mall in toronto :D its just a regular bulb painted blue, and it lasted me till now thats been 6 months :shrug:
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I put a $350 HID kit on my parents van and it works awesome. I got it from eBay and it works as well as could be expected in a DOT light and not a proper HID housing either.<p>Maybe some people buy those "blue" bulbs for the look, but many many more people buy them because they think they are brighter. I was just telling them they aren't.<p>I am allowed to post comments here.<p>You can get mad at me all you want for saying what I did. It wasn't exactly anything super offensive, if it was at all.<p>~A
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
I am allowed to post comments here.<p>You can get mad at me all you want for saying what I did. It wasn't exactly anything super offensive, if it was at all.<p>~A<hr></blockquote><p>ok cool guy.....haha<p> :p<p>[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: DVH ]</p>
Car Domain Web page MX-3
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Whats with people and buying the $40 Xenon bulbs from their local performance store, only thing It does is make visibility in rain even worse.<p>IMO there more show than go. If you want a real bright setup, get HID like mentioned, or some Philips VisionPlus or European-spec OSRAM SilverStars.

Return to “Appearance”