Interior Neons

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
rwstud427

Interior Neons

Post by rwstud427 »

I was just woundering were you all hooked up your interior neons. Did u plug them into ur cigarette lighter orr did u motify the plug to hook it up somewhere else?
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Interior Neons

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i have a control unit that they are all wired to, but you can simply wire themto your red and black radio wires. Most people do them to a switch of some sort.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

and what do u have where?
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

I bought a pack of two small neon lites (6 inches) for like 20 bucks at canadian tire and they work just as good as the 70 dollar ones you get elsewhere. I mounted a neon lite just under the driver and passenger seat pointing towards the pedals so it gives it a nice glow. I also have two neon lites around my amplifiers which display them nicely. :roll:
Turbo 2.5l mx3
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

I got 2 9in neon tubes under the dash by your feet on the passenger and driver side of the car, I have 31in tube mounted inbetween my 6x9's on a board I creadted in the back of my car hehe, I got 10ft of neon rope light running down oneside of my door across the dash and up the other door, and finally I have a neon tube around each of my subs, also I have an inverter for my PS2, and LCD all of this is wired to toggle switches which in turn are wired to my cig lighter (which is still functional). To do this I took the wires from my cig lighter cut them then added in an attachment so I could use quick connects to make it easy for me to change them out later plus I feel it makes a better connection. Basically what the attachment is, is a long piece of plastic with some metal on it and some screw holes and wire running into it, so I can just screw down what it is that need power. Just the same I can run a neon to just about anywhere in my car and hide the wires completly in under 20mins :)<P>Yes I know I have alot of neons but I like the look of them so :P<P>anyways I if you want I can try to get some pics of the attachment for you I know that isn't the best description of it but meh I am lazy and don't wanna do a good one :)<P>well bye
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

2 strobes on each kick panel. 2 strobes on each side of the ebrake ( i plan to get the flush mounted) 1 neon over the radio and 2 neons under each seat. Everything is low enough so that it is barely visible outside of the car (all you see is a flicker from the strobe)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
rwstud427

Post by rwstud427 »

lil law if u could pleaz get some pix for me i would appriciate it. so all u did was splice into ur cig lighter and it is still functional? do u ever blow a fuse or anything?
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Hehe I eat fuses for dinner LOL, but only when I am hooking **** up LOL, I have a bad tendcy to accidently cross a wire or forget which is which LOL, but that is ok since it is running off your cig lighter it blows the 15A radio fuse which is easy to replace, Umm I will try to get you a pic as soon as I can, my digital cam is currently out of commission LOL but I will see what I can do.

Return to “Appearance”