indiglo gauges...where to tap into B+

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cashmoneyspeed

indiglo gauges...where to tap into B+

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Alright, i just finished installing a set of indiglo guages. The only thing i have left to do is hook up the power wire to something that is only on when the parking lights and/or headlights are on. What wire should i splice into? Please, respond soon, i need to see how fast i'm going tomorrow night.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
cashmoneyspeed

Re: indiglo gauges...where to tap into B+

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

anyone, please. what wire should i splice into? how about the re or red/white ones on top of the steering column?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

bout2001

Post by bout2001 »

for me, i gave the wire an extension and i made my way into the hood and i connected it directly on the corner light power wire.
chameleon paint, g-force kit, black and blue vinyl interior
web site :http://pages.infinit.net/mx3/
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

bad idea. that means your gauges will be on 24/7. hook them up to the dimmer switch. it's located to the left of your steering wheel and side mirror controls. the power wire for the dimmer switch is white...that way you can dim your console lights and your gauges.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>bad idea. that means your gauges will be on 24/7.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What are you talkin about? If you hook them up to the corner lights (which ONLY come on when your parking lights are on) then they will only recieve power (turn on) when you turn your parking/headlights on. <P>I hooked mine to the dimmer also. Make sure you hook it to the right wire tho. If you dim the dash lights and it dims the gauges, you've hooked it to the WRONG wire. If you have to dim them seperatly, then you have it right. It will blow them if you wire them wrong.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

oops my mistake. im a little dizzy from playing timesplitters 2. i thought he meant wire it to the battery when he mentioned hood.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
bout2001

Post by bout2001 »

i have no trouble and when i plugged it on the dimmer switch only two circle were lighting up. In the instruction it says to connect directly on the corner light. I have the 6 colors one from ebay, witch one do you have
chameleon paint, g-force kit, black and blue vinyl interior
web site :http://pages.infinit.net/mx3/
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I have the two color (blue/green) one. It says specifically in the instructions not to wire it to the dimmer switch though. I guess i can wire it up to the corner light as a last resort, but i was looking more to wire it up to something inside the passenger compartment.

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed:<BR><STRONG>I have the two color (blue/green) one. It says specifically in the instructions not to wire it to the dimmer switch though. I guess i can wire it up to the corner light as a last resort, but i was looking more to wire it up to something inside the passenger compartment.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I also have the blue/green indiglo set. It does say not to wire it into the dimmer switch. But if you wire it BEFORE the dimmer then you're fine. It's AFTER the dimmer that you're not supposed to wire it. If you dim the indiglos by way of the stock dimmer switch it will burn them out.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

my friend routed his to the wires above the fuse box, worked great
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

So which is the correct wire to tap into behind the dimmer switch?

cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

So which is the correct wire to tap into behind the dimmer switch?

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

it took a little for me to figure that out as well. I took a mulimeter, grounded it, and tested each wire individually. I don't remember exactly which one, but if I remember correctly there are 3 wires. A white one, a white one with black stripe, and a black one. I believe it is the white with black stripe that I connected mine to.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Appearance”