roof lining

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sparky75

roof lining

Post by Sparky75 »

Hi ive got a loose roof lining, noticed it today, if you look in the back with the boot open you can see at the very back its hanging down. has anyone else had this and how did you fix it?
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
LiL-LaW

Re: roof lining

Post by LiL-LaW »

staple gun :D
william

Post by william »

Yeah I have the same proboblem I was thinking about replacing it...anybody got any Ideas on how....without buying one from mazda...maybe a custom job
Xero

Post by Xero »

I've done it on two cars now, my brother's buick century t-type, and later, his regal t-type. We went to Ben Franklin(any craft store with fabric will work), and we bought 2 or 3 square yards(can't remember). We just picked out something that was the most felt like and matched the gray interior the best. With his car, you could pull out the whole shell of the roof liner. We pulled it out and took off the old liner, trying to leave as much foam backing on the shell as possible. Then we cut the fabric to fit, and hot glued it in. The second time, it worked better leaving just a tiny bit of slack all around, then altering it once the shell was back in place.
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

you know what works amazing for that type of problem, is that double sided tape that is used for outdoor carpets and other materials, my buddies ceiling material was falling in and i used that to fix it and it worked great and you dont get the clumps of glue that a hot glue gun will give you.<P> lata
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

ive just found an aerosol can of spray on glue... gonna try that :D
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
david103

Post by david103 »

i did the glue thing, it looks ugly, but i don't have to hold up the roof lining with one hand anymore... shucks
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> you know what works amazing for that type of problem, is that double sided tape that is used for outdoor carpets and other materials, my buddies ceiling material was falling in and i used that to fix it and it worked great and you dont get the clumps of glue that a hot glue gun will give you.<BR>lata <P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>seriously man, chip that glue **** off and buy the super adhesive double sided tape, it works :) :) :)<P>lates
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “Appearance”