PICTURE from ONDERGROUND - mp-5 -) mx-3 THURSDAY UPDATE

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
onderground

PICTURE from ONDERGROUND - mp-5 -) mx-3 THURSDAY UPDATE

Post by onderground »

oHHH YEAH!!! almost done!!!<P>gimme your opinion!<P>the flasher is at the same place as origin, and look at the style.. awersome!!!!!!<P>the side is 1 inch lower, the middle is 3 inches lower than stock<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P>Only 1 small this, very minor.. you will need to cut your plastic reinforcement bumper like the picture..just the corner!<BR>Cuz it was impossible to make it fit with the ring for the fog light<P>The bumper is not screwed in the picture, it fit like a glove, of course, we used the stock bumper !<P>YOU LIKE IT ???<P>contact oscar at oscardevesa@sympatico.ca to order this NEW BUMPER for mx-3<P><BR> Image

Re: PICTURE from ONDERGROUND - mp-5 -) mx-3 THURSDAY UPDATE

Post by Guest »

that is soooooo aweosme!!" :) cant wait to see the finished product!!
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

WOW!!! :D<P>I understand this is still the desining stages and that it is not the finished product. This is when our thoughts and opinions should be expressed.<P>Other than those suggestions I am extemely impressed with the outcome and rate at which you Quebec'ers work at!! phenominal <P>Thanks Eric and TEAM!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
onderground

Post by onderground »

Oscar, the car is on a gravel podium, just the front..<P>see the picture, there is 1 inch of gravel at the bad spot!<P>We took mesurement on asphalt, the car have 1.5" drop and there is 4.1" clearance at the minimum<P>So dont worry :)<P><BR>--<P>for your question, we tried, with the molder, to figure a way to enlarge the middle grill... there is no possibility, Im sorry! The lower part of the grill stand on the bumper reinforcement and the top need to me at least 1 inch in height for strengh, I dont want to break in 2 parts and maybe brake the upper parts if a member scratch somewhere... <P><BR>--<P>for the side of the "lip" to be parallel, I will see tomorow.. the bumper is not fixed and look at the fenders, there is missing 2 inches on each side.. maybe with it screwed it would be parallel. Ill check out tomorow, of if people like the way it look, its fine too.<P>This is not the final product but close, if you guys accept this, we just wax and make the mold out of it!<P>if you want to do some modifications, let me know..<P>Personal opinion, I like the way it look now! Since 10 years I saw tons of body kit, but the way that it reach the ground, it look the car to be wider.. dont you think ?<P>Like a nice elephant legs jeans for ladies :)<P>At this point, the fog are made for 5", exactly like the MP-5..., if we do a 4" fog, this mean scrap all the work done and completely redo from the start.. this is puttey, if we cut it all scrap. I think now its a piece of art !<P>Maybe he could corner up the 2 corner of the lip at the bottom...<P>you can see in the last picture how they are so similar<P>So im just waiting for your opinion!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hmmmm. I think that the hood is open and that is why you see a large opening there. I do agree that it looks too low. But I am not sure about goin to the smaller lenses..I also dont like the idea of cutting the reinforcement. I think if we go with the smaller fogs that we can make it a lil less "scrape friendly" Maybe then we can also not have to cut the reinforcement..Looks killer though..Cant wait man. Talk to ya later Oscar...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
onderground

Post by onderground »

other thing about the drop, remember that the bumper wasent screwed of fixed.. there is missing half an inch everywhere to sit properly..!

Post by Guest »

hey oscar, ummm i think in a prior post they did say that the car was lowered 1 1/2" and the bumper in those pictures is not fastened to the car so thats why those spaces appear below the hood and such, but i do share your opinion about the lips at the side, id like to see them a little less exaggerated. thanks<P>Tim Dawson
onderground

Post by onderground »

I repeat<P>the donor car is 1.5" drop<BR>the bumper on right now give a 4.1" inches clearance<P>so stock height give an 5.6" inch<P>Thats enough to make a party under the bumper!<P>eheh

Post by Guest »

oops you guys all replied at the same time as me":P but ya just keep in mind the points that eric came with, with a lowered car there is 4 1/2" of clearence, so i wouldnt worry about that, if there was an issue about that im sure they'd know to fix it. But ya my suggestion is just fix those lips and make them more flush so they dont curl out too much. anyways im happy with whatever comes out, it looks really good. :D
onderground

Post by onderground »

Other thing, the rear is not dropped!<P>only the front!<P>this mean the back is higher, making the front lower..
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Could we get a pic on how much of the black reinforcement was cut out? If it isnt that much we should stick with the stock protege fogs..That way Onderground can predrill the holes for the mounting brackets :)
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Wow, that's awesome!<P>I can't believe how quickly this was made, congrats!

Post by Guest »

hey guys just curious, the main grill in the front, are you keeping those stock seperater things in there or cutting them out, know what im talking about, id prefer them gone so we can put mesh grills in, just wondering" :)
maldo

Post by maldo »

I absolutely love it, way to go Eric!<P>I have no problem with cutting the bumper slightly. FWIW, the slight portion that was cut is so small it really would do nothing in a crash. It sits just to the inside of each turn signal. I have no problem with having to cut.<P>In order to make the top opening slightly larger, is it possible to remove that brace that sits just under the hood? Making it more like the P5 design. More reinforcement could be added to make the "v" part stronger. Just an idea.<P>I like the current look with the 5/6" (whatever one it is) foglight. I don't even know if I will use them since those holes make great cooling ducts but either way looks good.
onderground

Post by onderground »

of course we will take out the separator in the middle!! hey the stock bumper is under this design! dont you remember ??<P>we need to keep it there to make sure the bumper doenst flex and be ofset after the mold is done!<P>hehe<P>---<P>you have a picture of the reinforcement was cut, its very small parts and can be done with a saw, took 30 seconds<P>Maldo: we need to keep the top parts just under the hood, its from there that all your bumper get's hold.. First we wanted to put mesh grill in front of that brace but how will the mesh grill will be fixed in the upper parts ???!!!<P>its kinda funny, cuz we got 3 meeting at the shop today for those 3 things.. hehe...<P>MORE OPINION PLEASE!

Return to “Appearance”