clear coat problem

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ottoman

clear coat problem

Post by ottoman »

well, i just got my mx-3 about a month ago and i already want to fix the interior. so i went out and bought some red interior/exterior red spray paint and a clear coat spray paint. and primer and sand paper. i took out all the parts i want to paint, cleaned them, sanded them down, put two coats of primer, and then three or more coats of red paint. now when i put the clear coat, it makes the red fade a lot and look weird. is it supposed to that? it kinda looks like i sprayed white paint on it from far away. what am i doing wrong or did i buy the wrong clear coat? i also went to buy clear gloss, which somebody at the store told me would protect the paint. also, after i finish any little scrap on the plastic peels.<P>any help will be truly appreciated. i am new to this so i probably did something wrong. thank you very much
saiyajin

Re: clear coat problem

Post by saiyajin »

did u put the clear coat after the red had completely dried? Liek a day after? and is it really clear coat?
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

did u put the clear coat after the red had completely dried? Liek a day after? and is it really clear coat?
ottoman

Post by ottoman »

thanks man! i was doing it all wrong!i was putting the coat like 15min after.

Return to “Appearance”