pakfeifer altezzas

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SoDangPretty

pakfeifer altezzas

Post by SoDangPretty »

ok this is for all u people out there that have the altezzas. i just got mine today, and is it just me...or are we payin WAY to much for these things? i mean they look awesome...but good grief, they're plastic and the back of mine had a sticker which stated "MADE IN TAIWAN"! i paid $300 for mine to oscar, and then when i got in the shipping papers, he had put they were only valued at $150 to the customer. no offense to oscar cuz i luv him to death, but $300?! and imagine if u paid the original pakfeifer price?! maybe i'm the only one who feels this way, i dunno...i want some opinions, so fellow mxer's know what to look forward to when they buy the altezzas.
YES that IS my M׳, NO you can't drive it.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: pakfeifer altezzas

Post by Custommx3 »

Jusrt a though that comes to mind.. that may be the shipping insurance quote.
SoDangPretty

Post by SoDangPretty »

even if it is the insurance quote, the lights are still made of cheap plastic, look spray painted (the outsides of mine are chipped!) and the sides dont even fit right in the car! i honestly believe u could go to an autozone or advance, and get lights that are made of the same quality. when i ordered the lights, i was believing i was gonna get some taillights that were of high quality, and worth what i was payin. the only reason i posted this topic, was to let other mxer's know what to look forward to when orderin the altezzas, i got my hopes up, and when i got the lights, i was disappointed. sure the lights look great, and i dont regret buying them, i just wish they were made better for the money we're payin.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

He probably marked the price lowered so you didn't have to pay high duties on it.<P>As for the quality, you are making them sound worse than they really are. I have seen several of them up close and they don't look that poorly made. To me at least they looked like they were pretty good quality.<P>If you don't like them then just re-sell them on Ebay. You will have no trouble finding someone to buy it from you.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

barry did that thought come to ur mind or mine? ;)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I personally talked to her about her alteezas before she posted that, she asked my advice. She explained to me what she felt like she was getting was less than expected. She was shocked to see a "MADE IN TIAWAN" sticker on them. As to my to my beliefe they were made by pakfeifer, not overseas. She said the taillights were really light and seemed very fragile, and they also "seemed spray painted". She does like the taillights as mentioned in her posts, she just got less than what she though she was getting. She explained to me that they didnt weigh 1/2 what the OEM ones weigh. Give her a break guys, I think it was good to someone criticing them, that way when I order myself a set... I'll know what to expect, and know exactly what I'm getting. <P>DO NOT GET IN THIS THREAD AND START BASHING.<P>This posts was started with my discression only to see what people really though about their own alteezas, and the quality of the product. $300 is a bit much when you compare them to other aftermarket tails. I know most of you are excited we FINALLY have them for the mx.. but to be honest. Do you get what you pay for? <P>this is a discussion, not an argument, if you cant add intellectual comments, then post in the test forum. Im not trying to be a prick or anything, its just she is getting bashed for something I discussed with her prior and asked her to post.<P>DISCUSS -><p>[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Shades

Post by Shades »

I'd have to agree with SoDangPretty. If I was going to pay $300 for a pair of tail lights they'd have to be pretty good. I mean isn't Pakfiefer a European company (german I think)? You'd expect some nice glass lights like some of the European cars have.<P>I appreciated this topic as I was thinking about those lights... but it's like someone turned on the light and now I can think clearly... are they really worth it?<P>As for the $150... yeah it was probably so that you didn't have to pay too much on customs. For example, customs gets me everytime when I buy stuff from the states... stupid tax 14.5%.<p>[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

well, i can say that i don't really mind mine....but ya, i was surprised at the quality....not what i expected and they are lighter than the stock....eh....they are fun for now... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

thats why i am waiting, maybe other ones will come out by other company ? but i'd rather custom install ones myself wont be a lot of work but it will pay off in looks i would get when i would have that special mx of mine thats what i call "custom" if they know that we love our mx's they shouldnt charge us so much for plastic, cmon pkfifer have pity on us, we shouldnt pay more than civic owners for plastic
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

well, <BR>may be she got a bad pair of tailights...<BR>or maybe she did not seat them right....i know i have done that with my stock lights..<BR>as for paying more than civic people....<BR>we are gonna pay more....<BR>the honda company sold more civics in the us market and still makes the civic<BR>i mean mazda stopped making the car in 95...<BR>because of slow sales....<BR>so there are more people with civics than mx-3's<P>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I would have to give her the upper hand as far as the install goes. She does have her own customizing shop, and her father owns a salvage yard. Working on/around cars has probably been her lifestyle since she was born. :)
SoDangPretty

Post by SoDangPretty »

thanx barry :) i do have my own customizing shop, and cars are my life. i'm not whining cuz of the lights i got, cuz i love em, they look great in the car, i just thought they would be made a lil bit better for the money we are payin.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

300 bucks is not that much. think what you would pay for a factory set of taillights. and most altezzas are made in taiwan. and ive seen them up close and they look alot better than some of the altezzas that have come into my store.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

not saying she doent know how to install them....just saying they might not be seated right.......did you email the company about the tailights..........<P><BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
SoDangPretty

Post by SoDangPretty »

no i did not email the company about the lights, its way too much trouble...i know i put them in right, they just seem loose on the sides, but its no biggie...i'm not complaining about the lights, i do like them, and they look great in my car. i'm happy a company actually made them for the mx3, i just expected more, and if fellow mxer's go to order their own altezzas, i thought they should be warned of what to expect...

Return to “Appearance”