Painting Interior

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
fictionaldaydream

Painting Interior

Post by fictionaldaydream »

What's the best way to paint the dashboard and so on. I know this would be a great topic for everyone if it hasn't been done. Mainly I would like to know how everyone does it. Also what's the best paint to use. I mainly want to use white sincee thats my exterior color. Thanks :D
marshmallow15

Re: Painting Interior

Post by marshmallow15 »

here's the usual procedure everyone does:<BR>1. clean the pieces first by using alcohol or any degreaser<BR>2. primer the pieces with around 2 coats<BR>3. sand the pieces *it's recommended, but i never sanded my peices and they turned out great*<BR>4. use LIGHT THIN COATS of the color of your choice rather than one or two thick coats *i did the one THICK COAT method and used light coats to hide the parts i missed..turned out great*<BR>5. use clearcoat..around 2 coats<P>remember to let each coat dry for at least 30 minutes to an hour. i let my coats dry for 10 minutes and came out great...check out my site for pics<P>if you're too lazy to do all of that, go to your local import autoshop and they can redo your interior with colored vinyl for around $300 for front dash, $250 for door panels, $400 for rear including trunk, $300 for front seats, and $250 for rear seats...DON'T PAINT YOUR SEATS...i was just including the price if you were wondering.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

hey,<P>what's the best paint to use??<P>thanks<P>Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

use any type of krylon base or satin base paint. i used the ones from pep boys.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Appearance”