MY Badass lights!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
canadian_ice

MY Badass lights!

Post by canadian_ice »

Thanks to Barry, I just finished my new tail light covers. What do you guys think?!<P> Image
codene

Re: MY Badass lights!

Post by codene »

very nice. was it hard? im planning the same thing.<p>[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: codene ]
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

Very nice!!! <P>Did you make those off the Japanese intructions that were floating around on here about six months ago?<P>How about a FAQ or instruction write up on how to do them? It has to be idiot proof for those of us who haven't a clue!!<P>Come on Pleeeeeese, seriously I would love to do mine but I've got to see some good instructions with pics or a diagram.
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Thanks everyone! <P>For the how-to, Barry has one on his site:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com/taillights.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.barrykclark.com/taillights.htm</A> <P>That's where I got my inspiration.<P>I have to agree that the hardest part is stretching the vinyl onto the taillights. There's a million air bubbles!<P>I definitely recommend having a second person help you. To get the bubbles out, I used a hair dryer to heat the vinyl as I peeled and pulled. It took about 20 minutes to do each tail light, and that was just stretching the stuff on.
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Evans:<BR><STRONG>Very nice!!! <P>Did you make those off the Japanese intructions that were floating around on here about six months ago?<P>How about a FAQ or instruction write up on how to do them? It has to be idiot proof for those of us who haven't a clue!!<P>Come on Pleeeeeese, seriously I would love to do mine but I've got to see some good instructions with pics or a diagram.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The japanese instruction you are probably talking about are for the Toyota supra Tailight conversion.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

Yep, that's the one!<P>I didn't realize these were just stickers (esentialy).<P>Real nice mod can't tell the difference.
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

dude where did you pick up the vinyl??<BR>And...<BR>Did you have to take the lights off the car, like Barry.. to apply the vinyl?<p>[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: 5spd_GS ]
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Pac Man

Post by Pac Man »

I love them they look sweet was it hard to make them. what did you use for a template?
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

instead of vinyl me and my friends used paint on his mx-6 which looks the exact same as vinyl would but its easier and lasts longer. it only took about 30 minutes too. just my 2 cents
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 7&t=000684" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... A><P><BR>I have a how-to on my website. read that thread, the link is there, its also on my website under mx-3 stuff.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Paint is permanent. Vinyl is removable. Thats why I preferred to use it. Plus, if you screw up on paining it.. your screwed.
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Yeah I was thinking of paint too, but vinyl made more sense.<P>I got the vinyl at a local performance store - $10 for a huge roll of it (still have like 2/3 left of it). For the circles, I traced the bottom of a spary can of paint onto cardboard, cut, and then just ran the knife around the circle on the vinyl.<P>Yep, I had to take the lights off. 3 screws and a couple of clips - really easy!
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Is your car fitted with a rear sun visor ??
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

I like that mod by the way, im gonna try it. Has anyone ever thought of doing it to the fronts?
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.

Return to “Appearance”