FX Designs Bumper Cover

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Travis83

FX Designs Bumper Cover

Post by Travis83 »

I just got the FX Designs body kit today. I had some trouble trying to get the front bumper cover to fit properly. I think that this is because it slopes down inbetween the two tabs on the side of the car infront of the front wheels. It's very frustrating. There is a 1/4 inch gap between the body and the new bumper cover so I took it off and called FX Designs. Hopefully they will send me a new one. Has anyone else had any problems with the FX Designs combat bumper cover? Thanks. :mad:
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
DVH

Re: FX Designs Bumper Cover

Post by DVH »

The quality is sh*t and the way it fits is sh*t! i have nothing but bad to say about fx and how they make their kits! i was later ecieving mine and when it came i was disappointed! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

How did you get yours to fit?
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

I understand, they look sweet but getting it on is a bit@h. I had to shave back some of my front bumper support to get it to fit right. I would have just took it off, but then if I got in a wreck my front end wouldn't hold up.
codene

Post by codene »

what did you do to shave it off? im thinking of just torching it off. by the way, mine had a big gap also but im gonna bondo in the gaps to look like somewhat of a unibody. the kit is a b---- to get on though.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Where is the gap at? I just used a grinder to shave it down. I have little wigs showing on the side where the turn signals but instead of cutting them I'm going to use them for support on some the CRX turnsignals
DVH

Post by DVH »

MY KIT FITS SOO PERFECTLY ! U WOULDN'T BELEIVE IT!@ I HAD A GUY IN tO HELP ME WITH IT!
Car Domain Web page MX-3
DVH

Post by DVH »

i took my front off for the winter, but kept the wing and side skirts on though, yeha don't mould them on, htey will just crack! yeah, so my car looks pretty ghetto right now with no front bumper, my old one(RS MODEL) is on TO and havn't put it on yet, i 've drove around the WHOLE winter with no bumper! lol! look s gay, but all u barrie boys, u just wait till next month, shes commin back on! oh yeah! :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

the quality of FX is not s--- at all. and you won't get a kit that fits any better they all are b---- to get on. My friend bought a kombat bumper from Erubuni And went to get it put on by a performance place and they told him that there was no way that the bumper was even gonna go on his car. that it wasn't paossible even though the bumper was made for the car. so we dont have it that bad.Besides that, it had all sorts of chips digs and pits in it and wasn't smooth at all he ended all together spending 1000 just for the bumper!
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

I just bought one of the fx kits. I have not had it put it on yet, but I have put it against the car. It seems to fit perfictly.... Oh ya.. And ohhh it looks so nice... :D
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
DVH

Post by DVH »

well u may have gotten lucky, but majority of the people who recieve them are dissappointed ! like i was! hope u have fun puttin it on....it looks like it will fit, but it probaly won't fit that well!, it may, but i don't think so!<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Same thing here. Good luck w/ it but putting it up to the car and putting it on the car is a different story. It looks good as hell once you get it on though.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Why does everyone put it on themselves...get a body shop to put it on, it'll come out perfect everytime.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
DVH

Post by DVH »

cuz we all don't have cash commin out of our a*s pal like u! :o
Car Domain Web page MX-3

Return to “Appearance”