Having problems with yellowish headlights?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Raivynn

Having problems with yellowish headlights?

Post by Raivynn »

Anyone fighting with yellowing headlights? ...Use Meguiar's cleaner wax!! Works wonders -- I used the stuff myself, and I could not believe the difference it made. (I could have sworn NO ONE EVER waxed those headlights before I bought the car.) Just trust me on this one -- I'm a firm believer in the power of Meguiar's wax, anyways.<P>--Raiv.<P>------------------<BR>-- Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The spirit of the sports car.
heatherc

Re: Having problems with yellowish headlights?

Post by heatherc »

well..i tried toothpaste and it worked fairly well....howeveer it is gritty and i don't want to scratch the plastic up.....where can i buy this wax??..say maybe pep boys or somewhere like that?<P>thanx,<BR>hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

You can buy Meguiar's wax at Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, just about anywhere. It'll most likely cost you $4.99 a bottle, and Meguiar's Gold Class costs around $9.99 a bottle. Some come in a box with an applicator, some don't. They're the same price either way. If I were you -- I'd buy a bottle of each. The stuff works GREAT. Meguiar's car wash works better that anything I've ever seen. <P>If it's Meguiar's -- chances are it's the best.<P>--Raiv.<P>------------------<BR>-- Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The spirit of the sports car.
danjou

Post by danjou »

I used Blue Magic. It's in the polish section at Advance Auto Parts ,and Auto Zone. Its made specifically for Plexiglass and plasic. I put it on and now the headlights are like new. Don't freak out at the color of the polish though. Looks like brasso, not blue like the name might imply.
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

inside or outside of the headlight
KiSs My a$s......yEa
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Wax the outside of your headlight. ^_^ Waxing the inside wouldn't really accomplish much -- the inside of the headlight cover isn't in constant contact with as many pollutants as the exterior.<P>^_^<P>--Raiv.<P>------------------<BR>-- Zoom Zoom Zoom --

Return to “Appearance”