aftermarket bulbs?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
killerpickle

aftermarket bulbs?

Post by killerpickle »

Anyone know where to buy some reliable xenon bulbs for my mx? I had a bad experience with mine, they exploded after 4 months...4 days apart, one then 4 days later, the other.<P>Thanks!
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
GEN-MX

Re: aftermarket bulbs?

Post by GEN-MX »

Dude, I had the same prob with my xenons.<P>They blew in a bout a year though! I don't think they're s'posd to blow that fast right?<P>I had the Eurolite superwhite (with a blue tint) They did look mint though! I would get them again. Hope they don't go so fast this time round!<P>------------------<BR>Marc 93MX3RS
Marc 93MX3RS
GEN-MX

Post by GEN-MX »

Sorry man, forgot to answer your question... I don't know of any places in Niagara but pretty much every store which supplies performance parts for cars will carry half decent xenons. You might even try the Mazda dealership. I've seen some there too.
Marc 93MX3RS
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

yah, I dont really think they are supposed to blow that quickly...then again...it is Xenon gas...<P>i suppose I will just have to take a chance on another brand...hope they dont explode Image
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
shawnm

Post by shawnm »

Hey guys,<P>Anyone has tried HID kits? i know they are expensive ,like 500 USD (to 800 ), <P>thx<P>ps. i have xenon gas filled bulbs, and they look great at night ( blue - white )<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
mendel00985

Post by mendel00985 »

Did you clean the bulbs w/ alcohol to remove any body oil from your handling the bulbs? If the bulbs are handled w/ a bare hand, you'll leave behind oily residues from your skin which causes a hot spot to develope on the bulb consequently causing it to burn out prematurely. Maybe this is why the bulbs burnt out so soon.
GEN-MX

Post by GEN-MX »

Hey mendel, I do know about the oil residue from your hands affecting the bulbs, causing them to blow, thats why I made sure I didn't touch them with my skin. I'm thinking it was just poor maufacturing or something. Only one of the elements burn't out on mine, I still had parking lights.<P>To ShawnM, I don't think I can justify spending over a $1000 Can on HID bulbs, which are purely cosmetic and won't improve my performance. I would rather start a turbocharging project with that denero$$ Image just my two nickels!<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Marc 93MX3RS
Marc 93MX3RS
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Got mine from ebay. User name of the seller was plasmalights. They are lifetime warraty. Had mine for 4-5 months now, no prob.<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 Red RS<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/j_micho</A> (last update 30/07/2001)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS

Return to “Appearance”