over seas

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RaspMetalicMX3SE

over seas

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

HAs anyone on this board bought anything from over seas and had it shipped to their house/ airport etc? If so what was the " importation fee" if there was one. Reasno I am asking is, i want to get a set of side skirts from australlia and was told by my brother that there is some sort of importtaion fees you have to pay when you get it. he had to pay sumtin like $350.00 of an importation fee for a bodykit. so if anyone knows about this can you fill me in
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: over seas

Post by mx3TT »

If you want the side skirts from Pakfeifer, there is also a guy in Canada that sells them. If thats who you were reffering too.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
RaspMetalicMX3SE

nope afraid not, thanx though
pipes

Post by pipes »

Hey.. I am in australia, I am looking for side skirts.. where is this place that you are mentioning..
I don't know how it works over there but when I imported my body kit from overseas I got hit with a 15%Duty fee + 10%GST + $100 airport taxcustoms and insurance. Approx an additional $500 on a $1300 purchase.
Plz let me know which company you mean..
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you know someone in the armed forces in the country you want to buy from, you could always try APO/FPO shipping, although I believe there's a weight limit.....although if you know someone flying over jumpseat, I'm sure he could just throw the kit on the plane with him or something.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

pipes

Post by pipes »

O.k. Just so you know.. Jetspeed only do the custom kit.. custom to them means that they need your car there.. trust me I tried to buy something from them..
As for Aresspeed, I emailed them asking for cost of skirts but they haven't got back to me with prices.. did you get ant prices??
RaspMetalicMX3SE

yea i know what thier Price is for the side skirts actually it's 420.00(AUS)
RaspMetalicMX3SE

if thats true about jet speed how come they say thety ship all over the world?(I'm not saying your wrong or lying or any thing, just wondering)
pipes

Post by pipes »

They do carry "Off the Shelf Kits" on there web site.. I don't think there is any for a MX-3 though.
I was looking at getting the entire custom Kit they have on there site.. They qouted $1800 + $700 sprayed and meshed. I thought that was not to bad and went to proceed with the sale only for them to inform me that (Quote)
"Custom kits mean we Custom install, we need your car here".
I live approx 2500km away from them so It was easier for me to import a kit from pakfeifer in Austria.. go figure hey..
They may have changed the way they do business since I last spoke to them and your more than welcome to try them yourself..
Thanks for the $$ on the Aresspeed ones though.. I am going to look into them!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”