engine's almost done

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dPmunky

engine's almost done

Post by dPmunky »

well, im starting to get closer to the big 200k and was thinking about making an engine swap to the 2.5L mazda KLZE 5spd, im wanting to know though, if i do this...assuming i dont have any wireing problems er whatever, could i get another 7-10 yrs (ie. another 200k) out of my car, or is it just smarter/cheaper to buy a new car<p>if so, i'll buy another mx-3...or maybe, if i can get a loan, the rx-8! that thing is sweeeeeet
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
TsiMiata

Re: engine's almost done

Post by TsiMiata »

Honestly even if you swap the engine the rest of the car will show its age. You'll be replacing wheel bearings, tie rod ends, pretty much everything you didnt replace with the engine at some point.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mx3princess

Post by mx3princess »

You will enjoy the engine swap...I certainly do :)
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

i figure even if i have to put a total of 10grand into the car its cheaper than the 25 that it would cost me to get the rx8, because if i do get rid of my mx3, im staying in the mazda family...theyre just damn good cars
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”