Pipeing from CAT back rusted right out (How much should

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
quicksliver

Pipeing from CAT back rusted right out (How much should

Post by quicksliver »

My stock exhaust pipe from the CAT to the muffler is totally rusted out and needs to be replaced. The other day i took my car (1992 GS) over to RSA Muffler here in Barrie, Ontario.

They quoted me $250.00+tax (that's in Canadian currency) to replace all pipeing from the CAT to the muffler (this price includes clamps and everything that is needed). Does this sound like a resonable quote?

--
Steve
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Re: Pipeing from CAT back rusted right out (How much should

Post by schuttie2002 »

That does sound reasonable to me...My brothers paid 180 for their car and for my mx i paid 210 for my mx from the cat back, and thats us currecny. The question is though...how much more is a stainless steel system that youll never have to replace, or also is now a good time to upgrade to a nice custom exhaust.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
your2slow

Re: Pipeing from CAT back rusted right out (How much should

Post by your2slow »

I'm in London Ontario and paid 255+tax so that sounds good. I got a 2.5 stainless steel from cat to muffler.

PS> I checked around with a few shops and they all quoted around the same price or higher.

<small>[ October 17, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: your2slow ]</small>
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”