Removing the Catalytic Converter??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valoncan

Removing the Catalytic Converter??

Post by valoncan »

I have a friend of mine that has a Gs same as mine and he totally got rid of his catalyc converter!
He claims that is makes a lot of difference in power and better sound?
Is that true.
I mean i know it is not legally allowed, and that it's bad for the enviroment, but would the gains possibly be like he claims!!?
Never think that you will get two if you don't give one!!
papa roached

Re: Removing the Catalytic Converter??

Post by papa roached »

i dont think the gains would be huge, but it would help and the sound would be alot more raspy and louder
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Let me tell you man I had no cat in my exhaust and it was rediculously loud. I didnt like it becuase it was unbearable.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

What you could do is use a cat converter from a much larger engine (v8 perhaps) the flow should be less restrictive, but still legal
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

i have the pacesetter catback exhaust with a testpipe from ebay, and i love it, the pacesetter comes with one resonator, and its not raspy at all it sounds like a f-in race car, i scare the **** outta my friends if i put it in neutral and rev up to like 7k rpm and then it back fires and sputters from lack of backpressure , the gains are actually noticable, but i did lose alot of the lower power from what there was , but after 4k rpms the power is crazy, like its hard to control the car if you stomp on it just rolling in first gear and then shift to 2nd and the tires spin i love it, the only down fall is the whole your exhaust will smell like garbage since its no longer cleaned out by the cat , it wreaks
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

***Removed cat and magnaflow with perforated core:

Sound? Yes it is raspy and I guess one would say more race-like. People have commented positively on higher RPM sound too. I like it.

Smelly? Taken that I don't sniff my ehxuas--I've never heard that before.

More power? Eh..If you brag about gains, you also brag about your LEDs tipped muffler.
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

hey douche bag! :)
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

so go get a shovel and take the sand outta your vagina
Lmao. Actually, I was just speaking in general (I didn't know you said anything about gaining high and losing low). Regardless, shovel joke was disgustingly funny.

Hey, did you ever get your parts/money back from those smurfs in NY? I got letter in the mail from the USP claim people...post is in more detail in the Buyers' Feedback forum.
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

nope never got my money from mark philips , my $200, so i guess on nov 2nd when i mail them back the letter they sent me to wait on for 45 days to see if he would give me any money will go out , then somehow i guess there gonna get the money to me , but im glad that the usps is doing something about this since , im sure they are swamped with tons of these , and i hope i get my 200bux back

this dude is gonna go down hard!!! :2thumbsup:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”