i've been getting a CEL

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxmaz

i've been getting a CEL

Post by mxmaz »

My CEL has been flashing so i jumpered the ten and gnd. It flashed once, followed by a short pause and then flashed 7 times quickly. From what i could understand by reading the faq, thats a code 17 right? Which is LH02S inversion error. How would this effect the way the car runs cause it seems to run fine?
Thanks in advance
kev259

Re: i've been getting a CEL

Post by kev259 »

bad o2 sensor, I had the same thing. Car ran good, but once I replaced it it ran much better.
'92 MX-3 KLZE
'04 Subaru STI
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Would the left o2 sensor be considered the front or rear one?. I know in the v6 faq it says the left is the front, and there is another post in this section that says the left is the rear.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

right about the flash squence code 17 (o2 sensor)
which is the front o2 sensor. Front exhaust mailfold by the rad.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by mxmaz:
Would the left o2 sensor be considered the front or rear one?. I know in the v6 faq it says the left is the front, and there is another post in this section that says the left is the rear.
The end of the engine with the drive belts is the front; the end with the clutch is the rear, so the left bank of cylinders is towards the front of the engine compartment, and the left O2 sensor likewise.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Just checking to make sure this is the correct ntk o2 sensor before i go ahead and buy it, if anyone could let me know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7920027503&category=33557
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

what engine are you running?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

right now i have the stock k8 (the car is a 95') and in about 6 months i will be running the kfze.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Originally posted by mxmaz:
Just checking to make sure this is the correct ntk o2 sensor before i go ahead and buy it, if anyone could let me know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7920027503&category=33557
Anybody?
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I think thats the same one I used. its universal, comes with a little instruction paper with some directions, has heat shrinks or whatever there called...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”