stupid question about jacking up car

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Redhouse

stupid question about jacking up car

Post by Redhouse »

okay so my car is significantly lower than it used to be and there is no way i'm getting my jack to operate by shoving it all the way back to the front crossmember to lift the entire front end in one go and to avoid the jack getting in the way of where the jackstands need to go.. so..

where is a good place to jack up the front end of the car? the front or back of the engine tranverse? i can get to that..

any suggestions?
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.
Gro Harlem

Re: stupid question about jacking up car

Post by Gro Harlem »

I can't get my jack under the front far enough to jack it under that x-member. I don't think the car was designed to jack it from ther.e

You want to jack it from the little "bump" sticking out on the edge of the transmission crossmember support brace (goes from front of bay to firewall). That is where I've always jacked up my cars.

In the rear, I just jack it up against the swaybar/rear axle assembly. Usually pushes up on the swaybar so it contacts the actual rear axle and seems to work well.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: stupid question about jacking up car

Post by mitmaks »

jacking up on side of the car will work
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”