klze engine parts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

klze engine parts

Post by jaknichols85 »

ok, if im going to rebuild this engine, or if the next one i get needs to be rebuilt, im going to need to know where to get the parts. such as cams, pistons, just pretty much everything inside the engine. i know there is carpart.com, but im not too sure which kind of engine came with kl31 cams, and all of that. i know there are differences between klze and kfze like cams and all that. so i will need to know where to get those parts for the klze. would i need to special order them? or are there other engines i can get them from? thanks for the help
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: klze engine parts

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you can't get cams and pistons on car-parts.com..since they only came in j-spec models...(BTW i don't think car-part.com can get you pistons, I "think" they only sell the engine all together)..best place to fin them are on probetalk.com...regurlarly sells there and on ebay..good luck
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Cams you can theoretically use any K series cam. The KFZE cams may actually be better to use. The word is they have the most aggressive cams of all. I definitely wouldn't use any DE cams, though.

As for gaskets, they are all the same as on any Millenia engine, so a Millenia gasket kit should do the trick there.

As far as pistons, crank or rods.....if someone sent me an engine with those broken after $1000 laid out, I'd pack it full of C4, and ship it back to them..............busst seriously, most reputable shops will give you a 3 month warranty or more.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

All the parts just get for a 95 millenia. The only parts that are different are the cams and pistons. Pistons are usually something that goes bad and are reusable most of the time. Cams are ditto. Piston Rings and valve seals are the usual culprits when these motors start to go south.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”