fuel needle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJester187

fuel needle

Post by DJester187 »

hey i just put on some guages today (the reverse glow, no needle removal kind) but in the process i accidentally snapped off my fuel needle at the tiny metal rod that goes down into the panel. 1) is there ant way to fix it? 2) will the low gas light indicator still come on when gass is low, or should i just guess.
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: fuel needle

Post by mitmaks »

when ive put mine on i slid it over needles without problems. you might have to buy new gauges
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MHMX-3

Post by MHMX-3 »

unfortunelty i have never performed an install using those types of gauges. Do you hook those up directly to the headlight on/off switch and the dimmer switch, or is there a separate switch to change the color, and turn them on and off. Lastly, if there is a separte switch, when the head lights are turned on, arent the gauges behind the aftermarket ones also on? Thanks for your help, and if you could provide the website where the gauges were purchased i would really appreciate it. :driver:
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

F-ed, you have to buy a new guage pod to get a new needle, I don't think that Mazda stocks it seperately. The gas light should come on, but I wouldn't trust that, you'll end up walking alot.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

getting around the needles themselves wasn't an issues it was the damn rod to set the clock, that was the real culpret. anyway i got them off ebay for like $30, usd. they look amazing, they lay over the existing guages, they have thier own dimmer switch, and there is a switch to toggle between blue and green (i like the blue better though) but the low gas indicator light will still come on? that is my only hope until i can get a new panel.
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

someone please?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I always gas up when that indicator light comes up. I can still drive it for aroun 15 misn without the car stalling. Anywho..if you are going to drive like this, always stock a gallon of gas in the rear hatch area. Just in case u get stranded..you can then drive to a gas station and gas up. But yeah the indicator light still comes up.

-hec
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'd just do it based on milage until you get a new needle. I know I can safely go 220 miles before the fuel light comes on, but even when the light comes on, I usually have another 50+ miles worth of fuel left.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

heh yeah the odometer trip meter is your friend... Just reset it every time you fill her up
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”