scoop

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
goldsberry1

scoop

Post by goldsberry1 »

hello, i was debateing on putting some type of hood scoop on, to feed my intercooler. i was thinking of puting it right where the radiator fill tank on the drivers side is. so the scoop would be right over it. but i'm not sure how it would look. or should i just think of the perfomance insted of looks? do you think it would get enough air flow there? thanks for any help you all can give.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
Trevor

Re: scoop

Post by Trevor »

why don't u just get a Front mount intercooler?
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

well i was going too, but i was trying to go with the shortest amout of intake pipeing i can to reduce pressure drop. but i might eventually go to a fmic. they are more efficent in cooling, but they also have more pressure drop too. so i guess its a trade off
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think that their benefits out weigh their pressure drop by quite a bit unless you are running very low boost.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i might try to go with fmic. i will have to wait and see how the rest of it goes.i just wish i had someone close by here that had a turbo mx3 already done so i could have some help in routeing the tubeing for the fmic.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”