Corksport.. wth??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sam Baker

Corksport.. wth??

Post by Sam Baker »

what the hell is up with corksport?! just when i finally get my engine, the mazdaspeed engine mounts are off their site! whered they go?! and now that i'm ready to do my exhaust, i cant find their Mazdaspeed Catback!! :( where'd they go and where can i find these parts???? thanx :(
92 Autozam AZ3
mazdubber

Re: Corksport.. wth??

Post by mazdubber »

You can get them from www.mazdamotorsports.com

The only catch is that you have to prove you're building it for racing. Take pictures when it's in pieces. You'd also have to enter it in a solo or 2 within a certain amount of time and be prepared to show the results as proof.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Which one is Solo 2? I never could find any good information on SCCA. But I did have my brother-in-law finally find out for me where the cone track races are out here, and I plan to go to the next one in two weeks.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Which one is Solo 2? I never could find any good information on SCCA. But I did have my brother-in-law finally find out for me where the cone track races are out here, and I plan to go to the next one in two weeks.
Hey man It's a little off topic but how'd it go with the Millenia IM this weekend?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Eggo:
Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Hey man It's a little off topic but how'd it go with the Millenia IM this weekend?
Not there yet. I finally found the new alternator I've been waiting for, only the guy didn't hardly put any packing material in it, so the casing was all broken. I spent most of the weekend disassembling that one and my nasty spare I got somewhere else, painting the dirtier one's case, and making a whole one again. Damned eBayers nowadays piss me off. Couldn't just get a item as described for once, could I?

Anyways, back on the motor mount subject, what about making your own? I understand the Mazdaspeed are only a bit harder, and are not harsh at all, but when you do the self-filling ones, there's no rule that you have to fill the mount all the way to the edge. You could just pour a little in one side to make your stock ones a tad stiffer. :shrug:
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

He he well the engine mounts is where they allways were "In the wrong category"
http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=%2Fstore%2Findex.php3%3Fcat%3D237742
So dont worry about them :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Which one is Solo 2?
I don't know about scca, but up here solo 2 is the temporary track(pylons).
92 GS
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

lol.. thats crazy! sure i wanna try scca or auto-x stuff, but i HAVE to do it to buy their parts?! lol thats nuts -- o ya thnx for the link to the mounts tho :D
92 Autozam AZ3
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Sam Baker:
lol.. thats crazy! sure i wanna try scca or auto-x stuff, but i HAVE to do it to buy their parts?!
A little. Ford Racing you can buy all kinds of cool stuff with no affiliations. I don't think they support the KLDE, though. Of course, I could be wrong.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

damn i need to join a club and have proof or else they can cancel my membership?! thats bull.. i dont neeeeed a mazdaspeed exhaust i guess :confused2:
92 Autozam AZ3
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Mazdaspeed tend to drop products about 5 years after the last cars rolls off the production line. In the case of the MX-3 that was sometime in March 1998. If corksport it removing items for their catalog then it would indicate that the supply chain is drying up. This goes for many other manufactures also. Tokico is a good example there they almost discontinued the 323 strut P/N# (also used for the MX-3)if it wasn't for sales in Canada especially Quebec The Tokico Rep said he can't figure out how R. Tibert the main Canadian distributor for Tokico can sell enough set to justify keeping the P/N in production. Eibach is another example where the demand from the Quebec market was enough to justify re-introducing the MX-3 to the north American market. Had there been a company like Corksport in Canada and Quebec especially it would have been very likely that we would be seeing more Mazda aftermarket products today.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

I'm pretty sure that since mazda motorsports decided to go 'race only' with their parts, they've cut off most (if not all) of their dealers. Mazda wants full control of the mazdaspeed brand. That may be another explaination to the dwindling parts supply.
92 GS
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

IMO Mazda wants to make sure that you have to buy a new production model to get their performance parts. You can ge tmost Mazda Speed parts for the current models from Mazda dealers. As for the membership part I tried and couldn't even get a response.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”