Custom Exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
N_Mazda_L

Custom Exhaust

Post by N_Mazda_L »

Heres the deal.
i have a 1993 Mazda and i am plainng on putting in a performance exhaust. I don't want one of those bumble bee sounding exhaust units but i want to increase horsepower. I went to the local place and he said 2.5 in" piping from the front and new muffler. he wants to charge me 250 canadian for the whole thing installed. Is this a good price or is the pipeline to big. can someone please fill me in. So far i have no other mods i'm a new mazda driver and loving it but i need some info so if someone can fill me in that would be great.

<small>[ July 08, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: N_Mazda_L ]</small>
Talon_66

Re: Custom Exhaust

Post by Talon_66 »

There was a similar post about this a few days ago. I suggest checking it out. Btw 2.5" is too big for the 1.8L

The post

Don't wanna rag on u or anything but probably any question u have has been asked and answered many times. Search first, if u turn up nothing, then ask.

<small>[ July 08, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Talon_66 ]</small>
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well...I had the same question but like except the 2.5 piping, I was gonna add a freeflow muffler BUT well I saw a post here that said that its bad to not have backpressure....so I dont know what to believe o.0

-hec
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
N_Mazda_L

Post by N_Mazda_L »

Well i know its a mixed thing. You don't want to small of a piping or you'll have to much backpressure but u don't want them too big or u won't have enough so i was going to go with 2" piping but with the muffler i don't know what u'll have to do

<small>[ July 09, 2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: N_Mazda_L ]</small>
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

2.5" works very nice on my 1.8L V6.

The deadspot is gone, and it pulls all the way.
got a 80cm muffler after the cat though, to remove some of the noise :)

I`ve got several remarks about how awesome my exhaust sounds now. 3500 rpm and onwards it`s like a rallycar :)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”