rubber seal around timing belt cover

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebox

rubber seal around timing belt cover

Post by thebox »

there is a rubber seal around the timing belt cover that i need to replace (on my ZE) but several auto parts stores told me they basically don't have it listed anywhere (asked for 96 millenia 2.5)...has anyone else ever replaced this thing? I'm just curious because i never thought about it before and had never heard anything about it. i don't wanna buy from the dealership!!! any suggestions? :D
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
lakersfan1

Re: rubber seal around timing belt cover

Post by lakersfan1 »

Why not just use a Form-A-Gasket sealant or something? I think with that gasket, you need to buy the whole timing belt cover with it attached.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: rubber seal around timing belt cover

Post by PATDIESEL »

A better idea, if you still have the old gasket from the ZE or from your 1.8 is to take it to a auto body repair supply store. They usually have a variety of seals for different applications. You can pick up something similar and get it to fit or glue it to the timing cover (a much better idea than using messy gasket maker and then having to pry it off, clean and reseal it every time that you need to take the timing cover off)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”