DRIFTING

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
steven

DRIFTING

Post by steven »

can any body drift with a mx-3, if soo tell me some tips cause i only can do a 180.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: DRIFTING

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

a 180? Man, i think your like 135* too far<p>BTW, unless if snowing, how do you manage to pull that off?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i have done a 180 in my RS, just find a big parking lot, go fast and crank the wheel while pulling up the parking break, but drifting i hear can be done in a FWD car, but i hear its VERY hard
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Back when I had the stock mx-3 I would try to pull stuff off like that. I pulled it off in the rain I drifted it nice around a turn. I just take the cavalier(I hate it) and have fun on the mile long dirt road on the way to my work. :) :p :cool:
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
dancake

Post by dancake »

You are the same guy who wants to do burnouts, right? Come on man you have got a brilliant car with brilliant handling, and you want to F*** around in a car park doing handbrake turns and burnouts! why bother, get out and drive it properly, like god intended
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Whats so bad i do burnouts.. i drift. I do doughnuts.. Cars are ment to be driven there not babies.. You take care of them and you get your moneys worth.. If i break something i fix it simple enough.. LIfes fun live it up while ya can.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

u can't drift in a fwd car, it's nothing compared to a rwd car<p>on an another note
i was chasing so guys that said crap to me last week, so i'm going like 120 down a road cut the guys off then thought the slammed on the breaks so i pulled the e-break spun the car around, almost did a 180 but the guy clips my Mp5 front skirt and smashed it. so i get out of my car and tell them to get the hell out(7 guys in a van) and knowone would, i was banging on the windows and shlt, anyways they called the cops and i made a bs story and i wasn't in crap but my front bumper is messed
after a couple of hours i thought what i did was really stupid and i have anger problems lol
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Poor bumper :( <p>On another note.... Where i work i have to do a U-turn every day. And the other day when i got off it just finised raining and the road was slippery. So when i went to do the U-turn i grabbed the E-brake and slid around the corner pretty well. Drifting in the winter is simple in a FWD car. Just turn hard give alittle E-brake to get sliding. Then use the gas to control the slide.<p>[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: T-Rose ]</p>
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

ive done a complete 360 and pulled out of it. going around a corner. loli did a half turn then spun it completely around and pulled out of it. im pretty good so far. but there is always room for improvement.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

the secret to drifting in a FWD car is to get a high power motor in the front, some wider wheels up front, ridiculous negative camber up front.<p>zero camber in the rear, and put some ****ty horrible tires in the rear. Make sure your Ebrake works good.<p>then when you go around corners, countersteer while lightly locking up the rear and accelerating out of the corner.<p>It is VERY Difficult to master this technique, but getting up to speed and yanking the ebrake doing 180's is NOT DRIFTING..it is RETARDED.<p>You are only f*cking up your alignment doing that crap, and possibly risking the lifes, property of others. I've seen so many people say how they "drifted" their car into a curb, or another car, or whatever on so many message boards.....it always turns out, they think "drifting" is pulling the ebrake when they are at 30mph.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
dancake

Post by dancake »

I agree with this guy. maybe its just me not understanding the fun in it. I mean you can do that **** in any car right? and sure I did do it in my 1.0L fiesta when I was seventeen. And now I see others doing it and think "oh what a c""" ! " guess im an old fart<p>On the subject of drifting, the back of a FWD car will sometimes step out simply by backing off the throttle midway through a corner.It can all be brought back in line again with a little bit of throttle (if you have the balls! in my case I backed off midway through a fast corner in my astra when a car was coming the other way on my side...plant the throttle? no thanks, ill just hit this tree....ouch)
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

i did a 180 by accident (ice a whole street full) does that count
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
zero camber in the rear, and put some ****ty horrible tires in the rear. Make sure your Ebrake works good.<p>then when you go around corners, countersteer while lightly locking up the rear and accelerating out of the corner.<p>It is VERY Difficult to master this technique, but getting up to speed and yanking the ebrake doing 180's is NOT DRIFTING..it is RETARDED.<p>You are only f*cking up your alignment doing that crap, and possibly risking the lifes, property of others. I've seen so many people say how they "drifted" their car into a curb, or another car, or whatever on so many message boards.....it always turns out, they think "drifting" is pulling the ebrake when they are at 30mph.
<hr></blockquote><p>Yeah tires make a big diffrence but so does tire pressure.. I have trouble breaking the rear end lose till i adjust the tire presuures.<p>I agree if your hitting sometyhing your not drifting your just screwin your car.. kinda sad
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
don walker

Post by don walker »

real cheap..real old ...bias ply tires
pull hard,come easy. Second gear is hard at 7300
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

what gro harlem said AND a drift isn't just pulling an ebrake and doing a 180, that's called messing up public property.. a drift is a CONTROLLED skid usually done on turns.. control being the keyword.. being organized and steering when appropriate and manning the gas and brake. its difficult on fwd cars yes thats true, but its still possible.. most people prefer rwd because its simpler, funner, easier to control, and you dont need a lot of power to do it.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”