us 2.5 cams in a j-spec motor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jdmmx

us 2.5 cams in a j-spec motor

Post by jdmmx »

hey guyz just want to know if the :roll: 2.5 us cams will work in my j-spec 2.0 v6 motor and would it work good :roll:
n/a
papa roached

Re: us 2.5 cams in a j-spec motor

Post by papa roached »

they will work, but are not as good as the J-Spec cams
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

Originally posted by papa roached:
they will work, but are not as good as the J-Spec cams
KL-01 cams come in the A-spec KLDE and KL03 engines and they are more for torque. The KLZE cams are more for upper RPM horsepower.
It's not a question of "not as good" but "what do you want to do with your car?"
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

No He's talking about the KLFE which is the hottest running cams out there stock.

<small>[ May 16, 2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: MazdamaniacMx3 ]</small>
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hes asking if the KL-DE cams would work good in the KF-ZE, i would think not because everything i have been told is that the KF-ZE cams are the most aggresive stock cams

<small>[ May 16, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: papa roached ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by papa roached:
everything i have been told is that the KF-ZE cams are the most aggresive stock cams
That's what I've heard also.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<<CORRECTION>>> (damn typos)
This is true, the KF-ZE cams are the most aggresive of any K series engine. Ive been to,ld you could get a few HP gains in a KLZE, over its stock cams as well.

<small>[ May 17, 2004, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Bumping cause of typos that could have caused confusion.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by Custommx3:
<<CORRECTION>>> (damn typos)
This is true, the KF-ZE cams are the most aggresive of any K series engine. Ive been to,ld you could get a few HP gains in a KLZE, over its stock cams as well.
ive read it posted a few times on this board but personally i wouldnt post anything yet that hasnt been tested or confirmed on a dyno.

although the integra type-r b18c r/5 made more power than the b16b in the civic type-r everyone claimed the b16b was a more aggressivly tuned engine because of its 1.75 rod ratio. well this was until they found out that that both engines used the same cams. the reason that the b16b made more hp/L was because it had higher compression. anyway im not saying kfze cams are most aggressive is bs but i dont think this has ever been tried so dont hold him or anyone elses claims as facts.

and KLFE? the most aggressive kl hahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah
thanks for the laugh
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

im sorry about the post above not even being about the us cams in jspec motor. anyway i dont think the jdm kl01 cams are the same as the us kl01 cams because the newer us kl's had improved better low end torque while ze's are more high end hp, even with jdm kl01 cams.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

ive read it posted a few times on this board but personally i wouldnt post anything yet that hasnt been tested or confirmed on a dyno.
I'd trust vaughns technical statements over anyone elses.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I don't trust everything vaughn sez. I agree with steeb, until I see a dyno plot of a KL31 VS a KFZE cam, I'm not convinced this info is "true".
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
I don't trust everything vaughn sez.
SINNER!!

Vaughn is an MX-3 god, & thow shalt bow before him.

He knows his crap about almost every other technical thing ever made. He was one of the Pioneers of MX-3's. Without his connections & high visability, I am sure the market for our cars would be nowhere near what it is today.

Vaughn was tuning cars when you (most of us)were in diapers.

I agree with Barry.

What Vaughn says, goes.

Thats Final.

:cool:

<small>[ May 17, 2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: atlantamx3 ]</small>
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Forgive us Vaughn...

We're not WORTHY!
We're not WORTHY!

Seriously, reading Vaughn's stuff was what convinced me to make a buy on an MX-3 in the first place.

If GAWD Almighty himself layed some specs on me, and Vaughn looked em over and said

"weeeellll Jim... GAWD means well but I'm not sure I completely agree with his data," I would absolutely have to back Vaughn... and be damned! :shrug:
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

everything i have read leads me to have to side with Vaughn too

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”