best klze?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

best klze?

Post by jaknichols85 »

ok, im sure this has been covored before, but i cant find it. What is the best KLZE? I went to nippon motors and they said that if i were to buy a klze from there, it would be comming from a Eunos. I know there are different klze engines. Which klze is the easiest to instal? If i were to get the eunos klze, would i need to replace the same parts as other klze engines? And also would i need to take more things from my K8 to put on the klze?
DavidOS

Re: best klze?

Post by DavidOS »

their is only one klze engine type.
the eunos 800 from japan where nippon gets theres is good and deffintly one of the jspec cars to get your engine from, all KLZEs run at the same power.

The other engines you might be getting confused with is the KLDE which is found in the ford probe and north american MX6
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

You will need the disty from your kl08 or you have to get an msd. Also you could swap the EGR system over to pass e-test.
See you in my rear wiew!!
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I got a motor from nippon and it was JUNK. I would avoid them. Their price is the lowest for a reason.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by DavidOS:
their is only one klze engine type.
the eunos 800 from japan where nippon gets theres is good and deffintly one of the jspec cars to get your engine from, all KLZEs run at the same power.

The other engines you might be getting confused with is the KLDE which is found in the ford probe and north american MX6
Actually i belive theres 3 different versions of the KLZE, maybe more, but there are 2 major ones, the standard KLZE with KL31 cams. I belive those are from Mx-6's, while there's the KLZE with the KL01 cams, those are from the Millenia, and i believe that the 2000+ KLZE's have a lower compression ratio.

And there's teh short neck, long neck and curved neck IM KLZEs.

But it comes down to 2 choices:
Get a KLZE w/the proper KL31 cams and go hunting for a Curved neck intake manifold
Get a KLZE w/ the KL01 cams from teh Millenia. It comes with the curved neck IM, but you can get cams later, or even get performance cams...

<small>[ April 18, 2004, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jaknichols85

Post by jaknichols85 »

yeah, i dont have e-testing out were i live. But what was wrong w/ the engine you got from nippon. And if you were to choose the best place to get a klze were would it be?
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Here is a pic of the head-

www.realperformance.org/zehead.jpg

The whole inside of the engine looked like that but even worse. The exterior of the engine was covered with a 1/4" of oil and grease. There was so much carbon in the cylinders the motor would jam up if you tried to turn it over. There was ~1/8" of burnt oil carbon build up in the exhaust ports.

I got my 2nd engine from www.noyanusa.com Just put it in last week and it runs great. Engine was clean inside and out and they have a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty.

<small>[ April 18, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

how was their prices?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I paid $1050 shipped

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
Originally posted by DavidOS:
[qb]
And there's teh short neck, long neck and curved neck IM KLZEs.

There is no such thing as a short neck KLZE intake manifold. There is Long and straight, and the curved neck.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

The KLZE is one that runs ;)

<small>[ April 18, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Talon_66 ]</small>
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
There is no such thing as a short neck KLZE intake manifold. There is Long and straight, and the curved neck.
Oops, my mistake, was going my memorym thanks for the correction
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

I'm ordering mine from NoyanUSA too. My brother got his 7M-GTE in great shape and I think buff110 got a great looking ZE from them too..

Tsi~~

How did you get 1050?? I live like 1 state away and the quoted me for 1125 shipped..;-) Tell me your secret man!
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I just emailed them with my zip code and asked for a price with shipping. I think their pricing is all over the place. When I called he asked me how much he quoted me. I think if you told them I got it for that price they'd give it to you for the same.

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

The KLZE I got from Noyan looked just as bad inside as that pic of the head you linked to. It runs good though, just looked like no one ever changed the oil in it ever. I am going to run an engine treatment through it and see if i can get rid of any of the crap.

You have to be picky with some of noyans engines. They are completely random from being perfect, to being total garbage. I know a few ppl on PT who bought motors from them that were seized up b/c of how poorly maintained they were. Another dood got one with a blown head gasket and warped head.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”