sudden shaking at take off

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eldondemarco

sudden shaking at take off

Post by eldondemarco »

I have to say. I have been doing a little bit of spirited driving lately but this has never happened before. Now whenever I let out the clutch at a low rpm my car slightly shakes. But as the rpm go up, it stops. I think it is my clutch cause i have been doing stand stills and peel outs a lot lately but tell me what should be done to get it fixed!
DavidOS

Re: sudden shaking at take off

Post by DavidOS »

shaking could be different things....
does the whole car feels shakey?

or do you feel shakes through the gas pedal or clutch pedal???
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

I think I might be having the same problem. When I start to let the clutch out from a stop (Clutchmaster's stage 2) it feels kinda like it's starting to grab, but then slipps back making the tranny vibrate. I don't know if this is what's happening but that's what I feels like. So when I start to let the clutch out gently in 1st of reverse the tranny can start to shake pretty bad. I mean it can make some pretty loud shaking noises.. I used to think it was because of my broken front tranny mount, but I just rebuilt the tranny and put new MS mounts in, and the problem is still happenning... Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.
GS-R SE
Fixin's
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Sounds like worn/damaged clutch linings to me.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I'm having the same trouble, I think its the flywheel. My guess is hot spots or cracks in it.
65 shot > V8
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

my clutch has a little bit of chatter at low rpm engagments. But it is a 6 puck and is supposed to.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

It's not the flywheel, I put a new fidanza in with the transmission.
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I know you've heard this before. When the accordion on my GS's intake first developed a crack, it felt similar. It would shake like crazy at low rpm, especially in low gears. If you haven't checked that, you might want to :shrug:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”