wat's the best way to do 0-100km/h?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lok

wat's the best way to do 0-100km/h?

Post by lok »

hi... i m a new driver.. just got my car a few months ago.... i m wondering wats the fastest way to do a 0-100km/h.... for example.. at wat rpm should i keep at start with cluth in... and how should i let the cluth go?.. just let it go fast?..or slowly?..and at wat rpm should i change gear?.. would it over rev the engine?.. and is it a must not to change to 3rd gear to get the best times?..pls help
valdigre

Re: wat's the best way to do 0-100km/h?

Post by valdigre »

well everything depends on your car. You should feel your car and know when is the best moment to switch gears, let go the clutch and so on. The rule is that when you want to accelerate fast you have to start from the highest rpms as possible but... If you do that you will loose your traction so you have to find a compromise. The solution is rpms during which you don't loose too much traction and during which you are close to your max torque as possible.
I usually start from 3000 - 3500 rpms then let go the clutch very fast, i loose traction for 1-2 seconds and I go. I reach 60 km/h at 7000 rpms and I switch to 2 gear. I go to 95-98 km/h at 7000 rpms and i switch to 3rd. After that i reach only 6500 rpms at next gears because there is no sense to rev this engine so much (V6). Mx-3 has its max torque at 5500 rpms, which is not too good, cause after you reach it, you feel the decrease in acceleration.
General rule is to rev the engine at 1st gear as high as possible, so that after switching the next gear engine doesn't loose to much rpms...
That is my personal experience and opinion and I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong :roll:
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”