KL 36 ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mightym0use5

KL 36 ecu

Post by mightym0use5 »

I was wonedering if anyone knew where pin 1M is located at. I tried searching but i could not find anything. i don't have a chart on the back of my ecu that tells me which pin is what.
mightym0use5

Re: KL 36 ecu

Post by mightym0use5 »

it is the pin that takes the speed limiter of the ecu.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

the speed limiter is there for a reason, you should leave it alone.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

It's there because japanese law requires it. Since we don't live in japan theres no need to keep it.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

IIRC, the connector closest to the firwall is the #1 port and the letters start from the top. The letter A is at the top B below it and C is right beside A. Someone should back me up on this but I'm pretty sure this is correct. If you go to PT they have a sticky about the pinouts, the only difference is the probe is rotated where the pinouts are facing the console. Hope this helps.
65 shot > V8
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

I found out it is a black and whit wire. on the top row, fifth from the firewall. -I cut it and everything works fine on my dash. I have not gotten a chance to go that fast yet, but hopefully it worked. I'll post it when i do. Thanks for the help.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by mightym0use5:
I found out it is a black and whit wire. on the top row, fifth from the firewall. -I cut it and everything works fine on my dash. I have not gotten a chance to go that fast yet, but hopefully it worked. I'll post it when i do. Thanks for the help.
which race trak do you race at? I want to take my car that fast but there is no track around here with a straight away long enough.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

it's marked on the circuit board inside the ecu
13.023 @ 105 mph
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

I just wanted to add that it does work. I was able to hit 122 easy. Had to slow down for other reasons.
seneca

Post by seneca »

Sinner....
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Good thread, I was searching for the location of that dang pin when I had the kl31 ecu. I hated not being able to go past 115(I think that was it). Temporarily, I have the probe gt ecu and vaf so I don't have a speed limiter. I am going to the dyno in a few weeks and I'm going to do a probe gt ecu and vaf vs. kl31 ecu and je50 vaf to see the actual differences between the two.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Qalex

Post by Qalex »

are u guys sure that it is not the 6th one from the firewall cause the other ones are pink,brown, etc... untill i reach the 6th which is black and white. oh and before i cut this wire is it a possitive thing and wont mess anything up besides my driving record?
klze, ze ecu, hotshot headers,2.5 exhaust, custom cai, plugs, wires,intrax lowering springs, crossdrilled rotors,eclipse deck with in dash 6 disc, 2 12inch jlw3, u.s. amp vlx25, and fosgate door speakers

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”