need help with mallory ignition

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tical

need help with mallory ignition

Post by tical »

i just got a mallory 6a ignition and would like to know if anyone has a step by step installation on this. ive seen the msd ones but not all the wires match up and i dont wanna mess anything up. also, im not goin with an external coil yet cause all i need right now is an ignition. when i have the extra money, ill buy the coil. my car isnt running without it so any help would be great or if someone knows where theres a step by step installation on the mx.
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
tical

Re: need help with mallory ignition

Post by tical »

anyones input would be great...

and Pat, i im'ed ya, the only thing i dont get is were does the extra white wire come from and the splicing of that same wire and a red wire into the original connector that connects to the disty (the one that gets replaced with the black, orange, and white wires...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
tical

Re: need help with mallory ignition

Post by tical »

well, ill just try lookin through past threads to find the faqs

its probably been posted 100 times or more...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”