got some problems!?!?!?!?!?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

got some problems!?!?!?!?!?!

Post by jaknichols85 »

ok, for one when im in higher rpms i feel like my car looses power, like you know, it feels like it has more but it just doesnt go. And also my engine sometimes idles low, like around 600 and my check engine light comes on. But then today my engine was a real bizo and it really went low on idle and it felt like it was about to stall. And my check engine light stayed on. I know i probly shouldnt drive w/ it on, but its my check engine light comes on and off every so often so i felt it was no problem. But today just sucked and im really getting woried about my car. I might take it to a shop in the next few day, but i would like to get your guys input.
bikeguy18974

Re: got some problems!?!?!?!?!?!

Post by bikeguy18974 »

look in the v6 faq for how to check your engine code. I think the pics are gone but maybe you did it before or know someone who has. All you really have to do is put a paper clip to connect the pins it mentions in your diagnostic box under the hood. Drivers side near firewall. Turn your key to on but do not start the car. The check engine light will blink. There's more to it so if you try it don't blame me if something goes wrong.At least then you'll have an idea where the problem lies. If i had to guess I'd wildly guess distributor.

Also the low idle may be cause by vacuum leaks. Most likely in the accordain tube on your intake. Wrap it with duct tape for a temp fix.
ZOOMzoomZOOM

Re: got some problems!?!?!?!?!?!

Post by ZOOMzoomZOOM »

Are you burning blue?
it is possible blowbye has caused major valve interference at higher RPM, typically indicated by the engine shuttering.

Also this would explain the low idle trouble, and in-turn would definitely be vacuum difficulties.

Check compression,
Hot and Cold

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdamachine

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”