I'm back, ZE swap questions- Can't view FAQ

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

I'm back, ZE swap questions- Can't view FAQ

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

Rambling-
So after a short stint in the Protege community I may be coming back full cirle, to another MX-3. I'm going to try to pick up a GS this summer and swap a KLZE in. It's been almost a year since I've been here and i'm new to the KLZE swap, I was planning on doing a B6T swap to the RS but, the tranny died before I had the funds. I just want to clear some things up:

-Most reputable shop to order motor? A package that include engine, ecu and vaf.
-The average cost of the motor/ecu and labor is around 3K, right?
-Aren't most KL-series engine parts universal, save the obvious differences, meaning US 2.5's can supply most repair/maint. parts?

I can't view any of the V6 FAQ Threads, so I'm sure all this is covered in there. Searches didn't locate these answers, though. Thanks in advance! :)

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: -=deathtrap-mx3=- ]</small>
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
cozmo959

Re: I'm back, ZE swap questions- Can't view FAQ

Post by cozmo959 »

i know how u feel i was in the same situation as u are. i just got finished with my jdm KL-ZE swap and its awsome.
- i purchased my motor from osaka jdm motors.....i know some people have some negative feedback but i thought they were good (fast email responses good service) i purchased the complete engine package which included motor tranny and ecu for 1600 to my door in hawaii. the motor was clean and in good conditon eg. no leakes great compression everything was intact.

- i installed everything myself...as for my first swap it wasnt too difficult...its a direct swap. after it was installed the total price came out to about 2000 usd.

- all the parts are supposed to be swapable. u may want to find a millenia IM because the long neck jdm ze manny will run ito ur brake resevior. i was able to relocate the resevior easily to the side though.
hope this helped
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Make sure when u goto the faq, u select VIEW ALL POSTS. Its in a pull down menu.

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

thanks guys, the menu owned me :o
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I'll do your swap for you if you are in baltimore, MD. I live 20 minutes away from there and have done this swap myself w/no help. I've done 5 other motor swaps (all B-Series mazda engines) too.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”