HELP HELP!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MazdaManMike

HELP HELP!

Post by MazdaManMike »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS PROBLEM IS?

i was driving down a road when i came to a stop light. so i put the car in neutral and when i put it back in first i started going again. half way through first gear my car stalls??? it hasent started since?? i have never had a problem with it before. it does have a lot of KM's (385000) any ideas to what it may be???
jpwmx3

Re: HELP HELP!

Post by jpwmx3 »

need more info, but could be fuel pump died. :shrug:
Etienne Daoust

Post by Etienne Daoust »

Distributor's coil dead. If you have 1st gen Mx-3 it can be corrected without having to change the whole distri
1993 GSR
http://www.mx-3quebec.com/
2004 New York meet Head Organizer
http://www.competitiontuning.net
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Nope, Good luck with that, let us know what is wrong when you fix it.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

more info is needed, off the top of my head id say ir disty is shot. pull a plug wire off and ground it to the block and have someone crank the car, if no spark is present its ur disty, if there is spark i would check ur fuel pump
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Chino921

Post by Chino921 »

It's not that easy. I would start by checking for spark. Pull a plug wire AND a plug, ground the plug and crank the motor. If there is no spark it might be the distributor, but it could also be many other things as well (cap, rotor, coil...). Make sure you know what the problem is before you go and start replacing things. If there is spark, check fuel pump operation. The easiest way to check is to pull off the fuel line at the fuel filter(relieve fuel pressure first), put the line in a small container and turn the key on. If you get gas then the pump and filter are good. If no gas then check and see of the pump is getting a signal, if it is then the pump is no good. If it is not, then start by checking the fuses, fuel pump relay and the ECU. That's where I would start.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”