ecu differences...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cozmo959

ecu differences...

Post by cozmo959 »

is there a difference between the kf ecu and the kl ecu since they were both from 2.5 v6 mazda engines just that one was j-spec? thanks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: ecu differences...

Post by Mnemonic »

the Kfze is a 2.0 V6
the Klze is the 2.5 jspec v6 engine
the kld1 or o3 or what ever you want to call it is the Aspec version of the 2.5 v6
the K8 1.8 v6 is what you have in your GS
and teh k8ze is the jspec version

You should use what ecu goes with the engine, for one the klze has a higher compression than the kl and also uses higher octaine fuel that the Kl03, so they do run differently, now you can miss and match but performance is going to change
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

nevermind i guess the kf motor is a 2.0 but i got a kf-15 ecu with my jdm klze i guess on accident, but what will be the draw backs of using that ecu with the jdm 2.5 klze? please help...thanks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

no one knows because you have one of the rarest ecus next to the KJ ecu, but i would be glad to take that ecu off your hands, since im currently looking for that exact ecu for my Kfze he he he.

and i would check your stamp to make sure its a klze beside the wider neck on the intake manifold you cant really tell the difference, also check your heads, if there is a k8 stamp on them you dont have a klze, the klze should have a kl stamp on the heads
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”