severe engine probs, NEEW TO KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bentkarnes

severe engine probs, NEEW TO KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!!

Post by bentkarnes »

i was having abd engine prbs lately, so i went and got all my fluids changed adn check at mr.lube, that helped with some minor over heating and it helpied a little bit with my car wanted to stall (due to a very low idle)

i still face a huge problem, when i start off from a stopped postion, i put my car in 1st gear, and when i go to drive away mmy rpm's acutally lower immensly as i take my foot off teh lutch and hit the gas, it does th same for 2nd gear, and it jerks very badly, like someone who doesnt know how to drive a standard is driving, you know how that feels. its VERY anoyying and fustrating, the 'jerkiness' goes away when i get into the higher rpm's, but its very hard to start off and drive in 1st and 2nd gears. my car is also wanting to stall, its idle is very low and sometimes blounced up and down a bit (like u hear it cut in and out) PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!! thank you
saskatchewan sucks
SimonPK

Re: severe engine probs, NEEW TO KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!!

Post by SimonPK »

don't panic!

Check for air leaks / splits in the plastic pipes that go into your throttlebody - if you find any duct tape them over until you are able to fix them properly,

hope you find them easily
Chino921

Post by Chino921 »

Sounds like your clutch is slipping!
Taras

Post by Taras »

Sounds like vacuum leaks somewhere. Ditto on checking the rubber boot from VAF to T/B.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”